Chapter 15

Max's POV

I pulled Lena into a store my mother always brought me to for clothing. The price tag was always hefty and that's what I was hoping for. Lena deserved something special and considering all that's happened in the last couple days I wanted to get her a gift. And her feeling comfortable and beautiful around my parents was something I wanted for her. I didn't want my family to bring her down like hers did.

Her eyes went wide and her jaw went slack as she ran to the dress section. One immediately caught her eye and she just stared at it a while. It was a floor length strapless dress with a gold sequined bodice and a golden chiffon bottom that had golden sparkles all through out the fabric. She looked at the price tag and she frowned and sighed.

Bingo.

She continued looking at other dresses though her eyes always traveled back to the golden one on the rack. I walked over to it and checked the price tag for myself. $473. I shrugged and checked my wallet. I had $500 and I smiled. So glad I carry a lot of cash. I had my debit card as well and I decided if she wanted shoes or some jewelry I could use that. She's probably pick a bunch of inexpensive things but she'd still look amazing to me. Hell she looks amazing in jeans and a Tshirt.

She had about five dresses draped over her arm and I scooped the gold one up.

"Try this one on too."

"Max" she frowned a little. "I can't afford that."

"Try it on anyway okay? please? for me?"

She nodded and brought it in the dressing room with her. Ky and Cassia came over looking extremely proud and held out a shoe box to me. I opened it curiously and smiled at them telling them to ask the nice lady at the counter to hold them for us.

Lena came out each time and I sent her back not liking the other choices. Finally she tried the gold one.

She came out and I was completely shocked by how beautiful she looked. It hugged her body perfectly and she spun the bottom flaring it out. The light reflected off the glitter and sequins. I hadn't realized she had stopped until I heard her sigh.

"It's a shame I can't get this one and the others you don't like. I guess I'll just have to find something at home. "

I hated the way her face fell but I knew it would be worth it in the end.

"Come on baby let's go." I pull a fake sad smile.

"You head out to the car with Ky and Cassia and we can go home. I have to use the bathroom quick.

She exited the store and I ran to the counter. The woman rang up the shoes and the dress.

"That will be $500 exactly sir."

I handed her the money from my wallet and ran to the car hiding it in the back seat.

~back at the house~

Lena's POV

I walked to my door empty handed frowning. That dress was so beautiful and I couldn't even get it. I knew I had nothing "suitable" to wear but I didn't want Max to worry. I mean why should he?

Max ran into his room then came back out hugging me tightly.

"Get freshened up and get ready. I can't wait to see you dressed up." He kissed my temple and I smiled.

"Alright I'll see you soon."

I decided on a long black dress. It was plain and nothing special but it was the best I had. I laid it on the chair and I went into the adjoining bathroom.

I stripped down stepping into the hot water in the shower. I used my mango shampoo and condition along with my vanilla body wash. I shaved and then hopped out wrapping the fluffy white towel around me.

I stared at myself in the mirror unsure of what to do with my hair. I heard the door opened and looked to see my little munchkin all dressed up.

"Lena will you curl my hair."

"Of course I will come here you little princess."

She ran over hoping up onto the sink. I had curled her hair a few times before and she always giggled after saying how much she looked like a doll.

I opened the window and let the air come in. It had been warm today an it was nice having the fresh air flow in while I worked on her hair. I pinned a few curls back away from her face and she squealed in delight.

I blow dried and then curled my hair pinning some back just like I did for Cass.

"Now it's your turn to help me. What make up should I wear."

I handed her my bag of makeup and she rooted through it producing mascara, black eyeliner, and gold glitter eye shadow.

I put it on and smiled at myself in the mirror. I turned to Cassia and she smiled holding out strawberry lip gloss. It gave my lips a little bit of shimmer and a little bit of a fuller pinker look.

"Perfect!" she said hugging me tightly.

"Oomf. You hug so tight."

She giggled and ran out. I stepped into my bedroom and my mouth dropped.

No way.