Chapter 10

Max's POV

I scooped her up and ran out to my car. I laid her down gently across the backseat and then ran inside to get Ky an Cassia out of school. When I showed up at their class they were asking a million questions a second.

"Where's Lena?"

"Where are we going?"

"Why are we getting out of school early?"

"Max, where's Lena?!"

"Max I'm hungry can we get something to eat?"

"Just hurry up come on." I started walking faster and got them in the car. Cassia sat on one side with Lena's head in her lap while Ky sat on the other with her legs over his.

Just then Lena groaned and I let out a sigh of relief. I was probably going about 70mph and we were almost at her house. We were getting her and Cassia's things then going back to my house.

I parked outside her house and turned in my seat.

"Max... what happened?"

"Don't worry about it. Let's hurry up and get you and Cassia's things."

She moved around for a bit groaning and finally got out of the car. She swayed a bit and I wrapped my arm around her waist.

"Come on baby. I'm right here." I kissed the side of her head as we made our way into her old house. We went into a very small cramped room first. There was a bed in the corner and a closet. There were a decent amount of clothes on the floor and barely any in the tiny closet. Their was two stuffed animals in the bed. A leopard and a penguin.

She scooped them up and pulled a duffle bag from under the bed shoving everything in sight into it. Everything fit in the small bag to my surprise. She then pulled out a bright pink suit case with black duct tape covering some of it.

"This is Cassia's. Just take it into the room two doors down. I'll be in the bathroom across the hall." She left and I sighed walking to a much larger room down the hall. It was a mix of pink and black all over. Most pink things were shoved under the bed I found and decided to leave it. I shoved as much as I could into the suitcase an then more into two backpacks I found.

I stood outside the bathroom and found Lena staring at herself in the mirror. She ran her fingers over her bruises and I frowned. She should've never been so hurt.

"Come on Lena. Let's go."

I grabbed her hand and pulled her out into the car. She sat in front this time and before I knew it she was asleep.