18, Gotta Do it Big, Ya Heard!?

"Over here!" Daniel said waving his hand towards me.

I smiled brightly and walked towards him, dragging my suitcase behind me all while trying to dodge everyone walking around me. I swear, this airport is too crowded. I would have been better off driving here, but Chicago to NYC seems like a long drive for just me, by myself.

People ran and walked all around. Some were retrieving their luggage and others, like me, were meeting up with loved ones and/or leaving the airport. The ones who were meeting up with loved ones were trying to make their way to the different gates. I was meeting Daniel at gate E.

The pale, white walls and black rugs seemed so plain to me. This airport needed some color. Why must every airport look the same? Same old clerks, same old luggage machines, same old paint and rugs. It’s hard to tell these airports apart, ya’ know?

But the closer I got to Daniel, the bigger my smile was. I missed this dude. Hadn't seen him since July and it's March 15th right now. It’s been somewhat close to a year since we’ve seen each other. We text and Skype, but that's nothing compared to being in each other’s presence.

"What's up, kiddo?" Daniel asked, wrapping his arms around me. My face was smothered into his chest and I was able to smell the scent of his Calvin Klein cologne. The smell made me want to melt and my knees felt weak.

Damn.

"Oh, nothing." I said remembering that he'd asked me a question.

He released me from his bear hug and grabbed my hand. Together, we walked out of the airport and to his black BMW Escalade that was parked right in front of the airport. Me being me, I gasped at the sight.

"Dang, Dan! Your whip is tight!" I said covering my mouth and jumping from leg to leg. It looked like I was beat boxing.

He opened the passenger side door for me and said, "That's what fame and money does for ya'."

He closed the door and walked to the other side. I put on my seat belt and stared at everything in the car. It had tan interior leather, a built in GPS & satellite radio, and four TV’s. Two of each of them was in the second and third row. I'm telling y'all, this car was raw. I mean, it sat on 28's and the rims were tight! They spun even when the car stopped.

"Man, I wish I could get a car like this! But the money I have is for college. That $100,000 we won? I never spent it." I said while pouting.

He looked over and sat his hand on my thigh, chills ran up my back and for a spilt second I imagined that same hand exploring every part of my body. Oops?

"I got you, sweetheart. Your birthday is tomorrow anyway," He clapped his hands, excitedly. "We doing it big!"

I fixed my mouth to ask him what he meant, but decided against it. If he didn’t explain what he meant when you first said it, he probably wouldn’t explain if I asked anyway. Daniel is the type of person who’s big on surprises. I, however, am not.

"So, what hotel am I staying at? Pops gave me the money... I just never made reservations for any hotel. I wanted a good opinion first.” I said changing the subject.

"Hotel? Naw, baby girl. What makes you think I’d let you waste your money when I live here? You're staying at the crib with me. It's dope. I promise you'll like." He said.

I shrugged my shoulders, and once again, didn’t question nor argue with him. If he says I like it, then I probably will. He knows my style. The only thing I’m worried about is being comfortable around him. You know, like being a bum at night. I feel like I’d have to be on point 24/7. I never had to do this with Jacob, but Daniel doesn’t compare to Jacob so who knows how he’ll react to my buminess.