Final Chapter

"We decided on the last song we want to put on the album." Matt said with a huge grin. 

I smiled widely and stood up. 

Jimmy pushed me back down into my chair and I looked up at him, the look of confusion evident. 

"You might want to stay seated for this one." He said with a grin. 

Matt came over to me and I saw Zacky behind Matt. 

He was sitting on a chair with his acoustic guitar. 

"What's going on?" I asked Matt. 

"We decided that we wanted to perform the last song we're putting on the album. As a thank you for all of the hard work you've put in. All of the long hours and stressful days. All the shit you had to endure just to be here with us." Matt told me sincerely. 

I blinked my eyes rapidly and nodded, waiting for them to start. 

I sat back in my chair and got comfortable as Zacky started strumming at his guitar. 

"A lonely road, crossed another cold state line. Miles away from those I love, purpose hard to find." Matt sang softly. 

I smiled softly as his soft voice filled the room. 

"While I recall all the words you spoke to me." Matt sang, looking straight at me. 

I smiled and watched Matt as he sang to me. 

"Can't help but wish that I was there. Back where I'd love to be, oh yeah." He said. 

He leaned closer and grabbed my hand, pulling me closer to him until I was sitting in his lap. 

"Dear God, the only thing I ask of you, is to hold her when I'm not around. When I'm much too far away." Matt sang strongly. 

Tears started to bubble in my eyes and I couldn't stop them as I listened to Matt's beautiful voice sing the song to me. 

"Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired. I'm missing you again, oh no. Once again. There's nothing here for me on this barren road. There's no one here while the city sleeps. And all the shops are closed. Can't help but think of the times I've had with you. Pictures and some memories will have to help me through, oh yeah." Matt sang.  

I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck as he continued to sing softly in my ear. 

This is by far, the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. 

"Some search, never finding a way. Before long, they waste away. I found you, something told me to stay. I gave in, to selfish ways. And how I miss someone to hold, when hope begins to fade...." Matt continued. 

I kissed Matt's neck line as he continued to sing softly in my ear. 

It was a few minutes later that Matt finished the song and wrapped his arms tightly around me. 

"That was so beautiful Matt." I said with tears still rolling down my cheeks. 

Matt kissed them away and pulled me close, pressing his lips to mine gently. 

"Brian came up with the chorus, and then we all worked on it. We decided to dedicate the song to you. Because you are important to us. And we never could've done this without you. We love you. And I'm in love with you." Matt said. 

I chocked on my tears as I stared into Matt's hazel eyes. 

"I'm in love with you too. And I can't imagine how my life would be if you weren't in it." I told him honestly. 

"I love you Bella. I'm in love with you. I know I'm never gonna love anyone as much as I love you. I know we've only been together a little while. But I want to give you this promise ring as a symbol of my love for you. It's a promise, that I will love you, and cherish you, take care of you and protect you every moment of forever. And I promise one day in the future, to make you my wife." Matt said sincerely. 

My eyes widened in shock and my mouth fell open. 

Matt took the box out of his pocket and there was a platinum band with little diamonds in the center. 

"Will you accept this promise ring?" Matt asked me, his eyes wide and shining. 

"Yes! Yes I will! I love you!" I exclaimed as I threw my arms around Matt's neck and kissed him. 

Matt grinned against my lips and pulled away to slide my ring on. 

I looked down at it and it was absolutely beautiful. 

It looked perfect on my hand and I looked up at Matt with a grin. 

I saw Jimmy grinning from ear to ear out of the corner of my eye. 

I stood up slowly and wrapped my arms around his torso. 

"Thank you so much." I murmured. 

"Your my best friend Bella. What else could I have done." Jimmy said softly. 

I smiled and went back to Matt. 

His arms opened for me and he held me close, laying his head on top of mine. 

The love between us is one that will never falter and the thought filled me with an unshakeable happiness. 

I looked around at all of the people in my life who love and care about me. 

And then I looked at Jimmy. 

The man that made everything possible for me. 

He was my guardian angel long before I even knew him. 

He watched my back and got me out of a bad situation and took me somewhere safe. 

He helped open my eyes to a new love and a new life. 

I never would've let myself fall for Matt if it weren't for Jimmy. 

He's my best friend, and he's helped me through so much. 

I love him. 

He'll forever be in my heart. 

He's my guardian angel.