Part 18

Rev's POV

I squeezed my head between my hands as I sat in the waiting room of the emergency room.

Bella is in critical condition.

Ryan really did a number on her.

Her injuries are only a fraction of the amount I'm going to inflict on Ryan when I get my hands on him.

Images of Bella's battered and broken body kept flashing through my mind.

I tried to close my mind and forget.

But those images would be burned into my mind for as long as I lived.

It's still hard to grasp.

Seeing Bella bloodied and broken.

It didn't go with her soft manner.

"Jimmy!" Matt yelled.

I turned to my left and saw all of the guys quickly running down the hall to meet me.

I stood up and hugged Matt the second he was in my reach.

Matt didn't say anything, just hugged me back, being the support that I needed most at this moment.

"What happened?" Zacky asked.

"Why are we here?" Brian asked.

"You're okay, right?" Johnny said quickly.

Matt held me at arms length and they all assessed me.

When they noticed nothing was wrong with me, they all started getting rowdy again.

"You guys shut the hell up so Jimmy can tell us what's going on." Matt said loudly.

I looked at him appreciatively.

But once it got quiet and I had all of their attention, I couldn't find the words to explain why I had brought them here.

"It's Bella." I finally said after a few minutes of silence.

"What's Bella?" Matt asked immediately.

"Is she okay?" Brian asked.

"What happened to her?!" Zacky demanded.

I struggled to find the words to describe to them what happened.

"Give him a chance to talk for fuck's sake!" Johnny yelled.

A nurse that was walking by suddenly stopped at Johnny's outburst.

"This is a hospital, gentleman. Would you mind keeping it down." She said in a terse voice.

"So sorry to disturb you." I said quietly.

She nodded stiffly and then continued on down the hall.

"I think you guys might need to sit down." I said finally.

They all looked at me wearily but did as I asked.

Once they were all seated, I paced the floor in front of them.

"Jimmy, you're freaking me the fuck out. What's wrong with Bella?" Matt asked, his voice laced with worry but trying to disguise.

It was pointless to hide it.

I've known Matt too long for him to try and lie to me.

I know him better then he knows himself at times.

"There's some things about Bella that she's been keeping from you guys." I said.

"From us?" Zacky asked.

"What kind of things is she keeping from us?" Brian asked.

"Why did she tell you?" Matt asked.

Johnny didn't comment, he stayed quiet.

"I don't think she had any intention of telling me. It's just one of those things that you keep from everyone so long, that eventually, it's too hard to keep quiet about it anymore." I said, looking down at my shuffling feet.

"Jimmy, what exactly happened tonight?" Matt asked with a tight voice.

"Bella is in the hospital in critical condition." I said, the words tasting like vinegar coming out of my mouth.

The uproar that came from my friends was nothing short of what I expected.

They were shouting out curses and all of them were standing now.

It was a few minutes before they were quiet enough to where I could continue to talk.

"How did she end up in critical condition?" Matt whispered.

"Ryan, her boyfriend, put her there." I said, my voice no longer soft, but filled with hatred for the man that had hurt Bella.

The uproar that came from my friends this time was nothing compared to before.

But I didn't comprehend anything they were saying to me.

The only thing that registered in my mind, was the murderous look in Matt's eyes.