Phone Calls and Promises

Recap

I swallowed and closed my eyes again. "I didn't even think of how Wesley was feeling," I admitted ashamedly. "I mean, after I saw the interview all I thought was how upset I felt about it. I guess I- I think I love him."

"Call him." She told me, smiling, her phone in her outstretched hand.

What the hell, was the last thing I thought before I quickly searched his name and clicked call, the slow ringing only adding to my nervousness.

He answered on the second ring, "hello?"

I gulped at his strained voice and didn't talk until he said, "hello?" again.

"Hey, it's uh, it's Harley."

Wow, I sounded awkward. He didn't say anything for a couple seconds, the only sound his ragged breathing on the other line, that probably sounded a lot like mine. "Hey," he finally said.

"I'm really sorry about leaving like that," I decided on.

I could imagine him rolling his eyes at how awkward I was being. He cleared his throat, "well you broke up with me, so it was expected."

I cringed inwardly and Ainsley shot me a confused glance. "Yeah, I'm sorry for that too."

"Harley what do you need? I've got things to do," he snapped.

I bit my lip to stop myself from blurting out the three words I wanted to say, fearing the rejection he would definitely give me.

"I've got to tell you something," I said.

"Okay?" He responded, but it came out as an indication for me to continue.

I didn't say anything, just focused on my breathing, my eyes shut tight as I thought of how I would finally admit it to him. Normal couples would be doing this over dinner, but no, here I was on the phone.

"You know what, Harley? I have to go, thank you for wasting my time," he said sharply into the phone.

I heard it being pulled away from his ear and yelled, "Axel, you asshole, I love you, damn it!"

I didn't hear anything and assumed he'd hung up on me, so I pulled the phone away from my ear quickly and ended the call.

"That went well," I told Ainsley, huffing sarcastically.

I knew it wouldn't happen, I chided myself internally, but what'd you expect?

I looked up at Ainsley and shook my head quietly, replaying our conversation in my mind.

I was almost too lost in my thoughts to hear the heavy vibrating of my cell phone, and I quickly picked it up off the tile floor, my heart hammering loudly in my chest as Axel's name flashed across my screen.

I showed Ainsley and she clapped her hand over her mouth excitedly, yelling at me to answer it, and I did on the third and final ring. "Hey," I mimicked him from before, my voice small.

"Harley," he breathed as if he was running a marathon. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear you say that, I love you too."

A grin so wide it almost touched my ears spread across my face, and I felt my heart swell with his words. He loved me, Axel actually loved me back.

I sighed in relief, "okay, good. Or else that would've gotten awkward very fast." He chucked, "so do you forgive me for leaving?"

"Of course, I understand why you did it, I mean we were broken up then."

Then. "Axel-"

"I don't think I can take another 'I can't date you speech,' Sparky," he told me in a quiet voice.

Why do I always get put in these positions? I mean, I saw the news, we live in two different countries for fucks sake, and he could definitely have any girl he wanted. I saw the pictures, he has no problem cozying up to someone else.

"You know that's not true," he said.

"What?" I questioned dumbly, "you heard that?"

"Was I not meant too?"

"Uh, not exactly." I replied, a blush spreading across my cheeks as I realized I had just spoke my insecurities aloud to him.

"Listen to me. You're the most beautiful, smart, and funny girl anyone could ever ask for, and I don't want to be with anyone but you."

I let out a small laugh, "thank you. You're also the cockiest, almost smartest, and pretty funny guy that I happen to love."

I heard him gasp, "what? I'm not the smartest?"

I rolled my eyes, "sorry to break it to you that way. But seriously, Axel, I don't know if I can do long distance, I mean, I'm going to UCLA next month."

He didn't say anything for a few minutes, and I was just met with his even breathing on the line. "Whatever you decide is fine with me, Harley." He said it in a tone that was almost...happy?

"But a few seconds ago you said you weren't fine with it?"

I imagined him shrugging, and I could practically hear the smirk in his voice, "well, Harley, it just so happens that I have an idea."

"What kind of- Hello?" 

Ainsley was practically jumping out of her seat as I put my phone down. "We love each other," I started, not bothering to stop the grin forming on my face, "and he just hang up on me."

She laughed, rolling her eyes, "probably bad connection or something."

"Yeah," I replied, unconvinced.

Jordan's POV

"You're really doing it?" Wesley asked me. I nodded silently, throwing all my belongings into my suitcases. I sighed as I packed, mad that I had to re-pack all the stuff I had just taken out from our trip to London. "And Ainsley and Harley are fine with it?"

I scratched my head nervously and bit my lip. "Well," I drawled, "they don't exactly know I changed colleges yet."

He shook his head, "they're not going to be happy about this, at all."

I rolled my eyes. "You think I don't know that? God, I feel like such a shitty friend."

"I thought Harley was going to be the one moving to London, I mean she loves it there, not you," Wesley told me, a disapproving edge to his voice.

"I know, but Duncan says that he could rent me the apartment that we stayed at last time, so I'll be near him, and that there's a college not too far away from it, which I already got excepted too, and the girls are going to college near each other so they won't be alone."

Wesley shook his head, "I still can't imagine you as a London girl."

I snickered, "just help me pack, Wes."

He mock saluted me, "sir, yes, sir. When are you leaving?"

"Probably in a couple days, I still have to say goodbye, and you need to fix things with Harley."

"I know," he muttered, "I'll do it after you tell them."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

***

A/N: ONE MORE CHAPTER AFTER THIS GET PUMPED (I need a Duncan/Jordan ship name, they're names are so similar -_- )