Underground Metropolis

Mimi decided that today would be the best day to give us our apparently "desperately needed" tour. We met at the corner of a busy street at a nearby local coffee shop, Coco's. It was quaint and very cozy. There was a counter directly ahead where a frail mid-fifties woman worked and an assortment of pastries in the glass container below. To the right of the entrance there were small tables set up, and to the left there were wider ones. Christmas lights were decoratively strung around the whole place, and it had a homey coffee smell that I adored.

We didn't realize the weirdo with a huge black coat, scarf, and sunglasses was Mimi until she sat down at our table, drawing a lot of attention from the rest of the small shop.

"You know it's warm out, right? You're going to draw more attention to yourself," Ainsley commented.

Mimi shrugged, "Yeah, but the Paps can't see me, they're relentless."

I laughed and looking down at my black romper compared to Mimi's heavy winter attire.

I twirled my high ponytail in my fingers, and shook my head laughing, "You are definitely something else."

"Where's Wes?" She suddenly asked. No one could've missed the nervous tapping of her freshly painted nails on the orange colored table.

"Do you- do you like Wes?" Jordan asked suddenly.

Even from behind the glasses, you could see a bright red blush flush across her tan face. "Of course not," she said unconvincingly, blowing a piece of hair from her mouth.

"Yes you do!" Ainsley exclaimed loudly.

"I don't!" She said hurriedly, sneaking glances at me.

I pretended I didn't notice them, but after the hundredth, I quirked an eyebrow, "I don't like Wesley, if that's what your worried about."

She stopped fidgeting, "What? Duncan told me you liked him!"

"What?" Ainsley shrieked, "You like Wes, Arlee?"

"What? No," I exclaimed loudly, "God, no, guys we're just friends."

Ainsley looked at me skeptically while Mimi sighed in relief, "Okay. I don't want to get in the middle of anything, but yeah," she laughed slightly before turning her palms upward and grinning a little, "I like Wes!"

I was fine with that. Right?

So why was there a pit in my stomach telling me no?

"I fucking called it!" Ainsley said, "Holy shit, we're going to talk you up big time."

I nodded my head, lacking the enthusiasm I probably could've had.

"I guess this is as good a time as any to say that Duncan and I are dating," Jordan told us sheepishly.

"Wha- Holy fuck!" Ainsley cried, "Why is there so much drama today!"

I laughed at her, "It's just because you want a boyfriend, Ains."

I patted her small back. "Harley, you're okay with me liking him?" Mimi asked me tentatively.

I nodded, "Of course." Was I really?

Mimi clapped happily, "Then let's get this tour started!"

We walked out of the coffee shop, Mimi and her odd outfit leading the way. "I'm going to show you the real London."

We followed her into a taxi and listened as she told the driver to take us to some place called Blue Fire.

The car pulled up to a small Chinese restaurant, with a wooden awning and a sign outside the door that read "Welcome to Blue Fire, the underground metropolis".

"Where are we?" Ainsley asked Mimi worriedly.

Mimi just ignored her and walked into the restaurant, through a series of glass doors before we came to another set of doors. Instead of going through them, she opened a door to the right and walked down a flight of stairs, the heavy thumping of dance music becoming louder and louder with every step.

"Name?" A big, burly guy asked, his arms crossed over his chest making his biceps seem larger, and more intimidating, than they already were.

Mimi pulled off her sunglasses and scarf and smiled a little, "Amelia."

He nodded gruffly and looked back at us, "They with you?" Mimi nodded, and he stepped aside and let us pass into the place.

"Woah," I breathed. The place was huge. It looked like a huge party, with a bar off to the side and various dartboards and tables where beer pong and other drinking games were stationed. A neon light up sign read "Blue Fire, the underground metropolis" in bright blue ink, the light glitching every few seconds and turning black.

"This place is sweet," Ainsley commented.

Mimi just nodded, "I know. Took me a whole year to find it."

I raised my eyebrows. Well no shit, I mean the place is underneath a fricken Chinese restaurant.

"Why'd he let you in?" Jordan asked.

Mimi shrugged, "Fame does that to you."

"So you mean, this is a celebrity bar?" Ainsley voiced my thoughts.

Mimi smirked a little, "Try not to fangirl too hard."

I rolled my eyes, why couldn't we just sight see normal things, like normal people? I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked meeting celebrities as much as the next person, but I wanted to see the London buildings, not the underground stoner dens that Mimi was showing us. We had plenty of these back home.

More than any other day, Mimi was starting to get on my nerves a little.

"I think I'm gonna skip out," I told Ainsley as Jordan and Mimi walked away to prance around with celebrities.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "What? Why! You can't!"

I gave her a weak smile, "This isn't exactly the thing I had in mind when Mimi said 'touring London'."

She nodded, "Yeah, I get it. You're into all that historic crap and architecture."

I rolled my eyes at her, but she was definitely right. I liked all that 'historic crap'.

I waved a little, "Tell Mimi I went home with a celebrity." I winked at her and walked out back where we walked in, the bouncer giving me a slight nod as I passed him.

Was it a bad thing to be alone out on the streets of London at four in the afternoon?

Well who would you call to show you around? It's not like you know anybody.

You know Axel, a voice in my head chided.

I mentally rolled my eyes at the thought of Axel Rose showing me around London. He would probably have a more ridiculous outfit on than Mimi did.

But don't you want him to show you around?

Not really. Maybe. Yes. No, why is this such a confusing question? Of course I don't want Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde showing me around, I'd probably rather be buried alive.

But would you?

Nah, not really.

***

A/N: Well this chapter was really crappy in my opinion, so sorry! Who think's poor Harley's jealous? (;

The next chapter's going to be a big one, so GET SUPER EFFIN SIKED!

And I decided to start dedicating my chapter's to the person with the funniest/most heartfelt comment (; <3 Don't forget to vote!!