Faith, Trust, and No Pixie Dust

Axel's POV

Two days after the food fight, and Duncan, Ainsley, and I carried the last furniature out onto the roof. I rearanged it while Ainsley hung the Christmas string lights around the metal poles on the corners of the roof.

Jordan was sick, and Wesley said he said he'd take care of it, so they stayed home and didn't help me plan the surprise date with Harley.

Tonight, I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend.

We technically met a while back, and we've been on a bunch of dates, and she was extremely fun to be around. I just wanted to be able to call her mine.

"You almost done?" I asked Ainsley.

She nodded from across the deck, as Duncan was busy putting out plates and a vase on the table.

"Thanks for helping me out, guys. It means a lot." Ainsley nodded, a shadow crossing her face as she looked deep in thought.

"No problem, man."

I grinned at him, and looked back at Ainsley, "where is Harley today?"

"London Eye, again. She's looking at buildings." Ainsley grinned and rolled her eyes. "Typical. So what are you going to do on this surprise date, anyway?"

I smirked, "that's for me to know and Harley to find out. Can you tell her to dress fancily though? Oh! And don't let her bring a jacket."

"Y'know Harley hates cliché things, right?" Ainsley asked rhetorically with an eyebrow raised.

"All part of my plan," I told her before flipping a light switch off to the side of the roof, illuminating it.

***

Harley's POV

"Harley!"

I looked up from my laptop, "yeah?"

Ainsley rushed in, in an oversized t-shirt and sweats, "we're going out tonight."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "where?"

"This fancy little restaurant I found today. How were the buildings?"

"Good, I saw the-"

"Arlee," she interrupted, "I don't know building names."

"Right." Out of all my friends, no one knew any building names, hence why I had to go sightseeing alone, they thought all the architectural stuff was boring. "The really tall pointy one and the big Ferris wheel."

Her mouth formed an 'o' shape and she nodded contently, "That's cool. Hey, have you heard from Mimi lately?"

"Not since Wes' date. I guess it didn't go so well."

"Yeah," she mumbled sarcastically, "wonder why."

"What?"

She looked surprised that I heard her, "nothing. Be ready for seven, and dress really nicely!"

I glanced at the digital clock on the bedside table and jumped out of my bed when I realized it said 6:00.

I flipped through the dresses that I brought, selecting a black strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline and ruffles flowing down once it reached my bellybutton.

Quickly, I threw on a strapless bra and underwear before pulling the dress up, and clasping the clip in the back, not even bothering to shower since I did before.

I curled my dark hair into elegant ringlets and applied some makeup, but not a lot.

At 6:50, I was walking out of my door, my red heels in my hands. "Woah, Harl, where are you going? You look hot."