Fill

"Wake up," someone told me lightly, shaking my shoulder in an attempt to wake me up.

"Go away," I mumbled into my fluffy red pillow.

"Ley, c'mon! Your mom had a surprise for us," he told me, still shaking my shoulder, "remember what happened last time?"

I nodded into my pillow, still only half awake.

"Harley, if you don't get up in the next thirty seconds, I'm dumping water on you," Wesley told me seriously.

My dark green eyes snapped open to meet his warm brown ones. I sat up, wiping the sleep from my eyes, and threw the sheets over my legs, exposing them and my short purple shorts.

"Let's go!" He called over his shoulder, walking out of my room.

It was a light purple color, my favorite, with white furniture. A desk along one wall and my bed in the middle, a queen platform bed with a fluffy mattress.

"Hold on," I grumbled as I slipped my feet into some white mid-calves that were laying around my floor, collecting dust.

I brushed my teeth quicker than ever, and patted down my mane with my hands as I walked down the stairs clumsily. I've never been a morning person, always a sleep-till-noon and hibernate-all-day-kinda girl.

"What is it?" I asked, my eyes roaming around the kitchen, trying to adjust to the bright sunlight streaming in through the sheer white curtains.

Wesley shrugged innocently, but I could tell that he was jumping for joy inside.

I let a small smile creep up my face once I realized it wasn't something bad, and asked cautiously, "what?"

He shrugged again, and I would've marched up to him if it weren't for my mom and dad to walk in at that moment, Ainsley and Jordan's mothers in tow.

"Wesley, where are the others?" My mother asked cheerily.

She looked super excited too.

What the hell kind of surprise was this? Discounted family weed? Why were they all acting like this?

"Coming, they said they were on there way," he replied quickly, brushing it off and munching on a chocolate chip muffin.

"Where'd you get that!" I questioned accusingly, pointing at him and stomping over.

My dad laughed and Wesley just sat there, eating my muffin.

"I got it out of the cabinet, it was labeled 'Harley's' but I can't read so," he cheekily smiled and I reached out to grab the muffin, but I was too tired and I stopped halfway, my arm dangling in the air.

The adults all laughed at our childish banter and I smacked Wesley on the arm once I felt like I had enough energy too. I slowly moped my way to our gray refrigerator and swung it open, taking out the carton of orange juice and pouring myself a glass.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"It's open!" My mother screamed, making me drop the carton of juice all over the floor, the sticky orange-y liquid splashing everywhere.

"Shit!"

"Watch your mouth Harley," my father told me sternly, looking over his glasses and peering out at me.

"Yeah, yeah," I said as I grabbed a rag and mopped it up.

"Arlee!" Jordan screeched, "hey Wesley!"

I covered my ear mumbling a "too loud" making her laugh, and Ainsley too.

"Well, girls, now that you're all here," my mother, Catherine, told us.

I nodded eagerly, hoping my enthusiasm would speed up the whole show-and-tell discussion so I could go back to my warm bed.