Chapter 23

Chapter 23

My experiences with drug-induced highs hadn't ended well so far.

But with Eli, all alone in his basement-turned-bedroom, with all the pills and joints in the world, made me feel absolutely invincible. Both clothes and furniture littered the goddamned place, trashed from all we had done the night before. Daddy was probably wondering where I was. Everyone was probably wondering where I was. But at that moment, I couldn't have cared less. There was no pretence between Eli and I, so I hadn't felt the need to act the way I normally did.

We were equals in every way. Inflicting pain was just as much pleasurable for me as it was for him. Him and I were one.

Trevor's blood, which had splattered all over me the night before, had now smeared onto Eli's bed sheets. None of us minded. Not when Eli fucked me so hard, so good, and gave me everything I wanted and needed and more. Staring absentmindedly at the bloodstains, through the numbing effects of drugs and alcohol, I wondered why Eli and I hadn't been doing this earlier. And most importantly, I wondered why I had gotten sex from Trevor instead, when Eli was capable of giving me things I hadn't even thought to ask for.

But I refused to worry about that now. Trevor was dead. He had deserved to die.

No doubt his death was already circulating the news.

I was unable to move at that moment - whether it was because of all the drugs or the sex, or both, I didn't know. All I knew was that my body ached all over, my mind was detached from the rest of me, and Eli's mouth was slowly making its way down my stomach.

"Mmm," I moaned. His response was a sharp bite to my hipbone, before he made his way lower. I could see his body moving underneath the sheets.

"Haven't you had enough?" I tried to ask, but instead it came out as a choked gasp. My fingers, almost against their will, twisted themselves into the white cotton surrounding me. Once again, I had no control over my reactions - and I loved it.

And best of all, there were absolutely no feelings attached. After last night and this morning, Eli could go out and fuck whoever he wanted and I could do the same. Our only attachments came from being mutual killers - nothing more.

Eli's body was my toy, a toy that I could play and fool around with anytime I wanted. And mine was his.

"Not until you scream," he growled in response, before doing things that had me twitching, shaking, and gasping for breath until the sun rose. I had a feeling that this would become a regular occurrence from now on. Slowly, one by one, I found myself becoming addicted.

And after all, I always got what I wanted.

***

Our new house was fabulous.

I resisted the urge to squeal, riveted by the marble floors and sleek staircases and spacious rooms. Daddy and I had moved out of Gwen's hellhole last night, and after a round of goodbyes that caused her to burst into hysterics, we were off. Now we were no longer one of the 'scums'. We were one of the rich.

Exactly where I belonged.

Daddy had literally built my dream home.

"Shotgun the biggest room!" I yelled, racing upstairs and being careful not to trip on the layer of wax covering the floor. Daddy laughed behind me, preoccupied with boxes of our possessions.

Ah, and what a room it was. Besides for a large high bed, a spacious closet, two chocolate-brown bean chairs, and a dresser, the room was stripped bare of personality. There were no dangling dream catchers, no mosaics and peacock feathers and terrible attempts at fung shui - this room, and this house, was entirely ours. The walls - as if Daddy had known exactly what I had wanted - were a rich, dark red. Double-set doors opened up to a balcony, giving me a perfect view of winding hills and breathtaking sunsets. Gwen had made no influences here whatsoever.