Words of Wisdom

"A plate that has been cracked will never be whole again. Even so you can use it if you repair it, and if it was necessary, I'd expend the effort on it." ~Akashi Seijurou

First thing I thought when seeing this was, 'Why repair it? Why not just go and buy a new plate!', but of course I am kidding, I know there is more to this than a literal meaning. Upon thinking about this closely, I have determined my interpretation of this to mean something along the lines of 'No matter how badly things seem damaged, even if broken, they can be repaired, if you are willing to put in the effort', and this could apply to a various range of situations. Example, relationships. Can I get people who are currently in a relationship to raise your hands? Okay, now can I get those same people to keep their hands in the air if they have ever argued angrily with their partners? I would be very surprised if some of you lowered your hands after the first request. I would be even more surprised if you had physically raised your hand in the first place, if you did, then you are now under my control. *grins slyly*

And to be fair, I myself have argued relentlessly with my girlfriend sometimes, to the point where I think it's beyond salvaging, but for some unknown reason she forgives me, so I dropped a sweat out of gratitude for that. I may not be able to take back what I have said or done, but we are both willing to get past it and move on. On the other hand, maybe you are not in a relationship with anyone now. How about family or friends then? Surely, at some point you have gotten angry at them, I know I have. Oh, not angry with your family or friends, I have been angry with mine! That would just be weird for me to be angry with people in your life, okay I am getting a bit off-track here. Moreover, quite arguably the most vital situation this quote applies to me is myself. For every time I become enraged and lash out at those close to me, it has left a micro-crack within me. Even if those responsible and I can get past our moments, it still makes me feel guilty to the point where the crack grows larger. It is easy to forgive another; it is much harder to forgive yourself so I found out. Or maybe the meaning is literal, and applies to physical objects. If so, handle the stronger glues with care. Maybe I am way off topic with my opinion on this; I don't know to be honest. It is how I saw it; you may have a different meaning? If so, it doesn't really matter. All I know is Akashi is hot (according to my girlfriend)! Nevertheless, if in the future, you get cracked, be willing to expend the effort, as its meaning is absolute.

-By ever so lazy, Jason.

"The past and the future aren't the same, but they're not completely separate"~Kuroko Tetsuya

Only Kuroko could come up with something so mysteriously obvious, right? I mean, of course the past and future are not the same thing! However, they are not completely separate... Thinking about it thoroughly leads me to a few interpretations of this quote. Firstly, perhaps a haunted past or skeletons in the closet if you will, lol. Let's say you have done something terrible in the past, more often than not it tends to catch up to you in the future (or present as it was), but for some reason this is not the case when it comes to some jerks. I can recall many times when I was younger, that I broke valuable things around the house. When I fessed up, it caught up with me alright, right across the backside! Was not the fact I had broken those things, it's that I went through all the effort to cover it up, and lie about it afterwards. Or maybe the inability to let go, like guilt for example. If you are holding onto the past too much, it's most likely you won't be able to fully embrace the future. I know we all have done things we regret, even to the point when thinking about it consumes us, but it is these feelings that may prevent you from becoming a fuller person in the end and it's not worth over thinking about that which we cannot change, trust me on this. Okay let us take a turn to a much darker place. There may be times when it is not guilt that blankets someone but rather anger in themselves. Sometimes not being able to let go of the past out of rage can result in vengeful feelings. Trust me on this too, it's best to leave it be. I know not everything from the past has to be all-bad. I just feel like whenever I have feelings such as these, I reflect on the past, but the good times instead. The ones that make us smile like idiots for no reason. The ones that make you feel all funny in the stomach. The ones where just the sheer thought of it makes you laugh uncontrollably. The ones you love. Holding onto these makes the future seem just a little brighter. An apology if I rambled on too much, it is hard to take a concept like time with a simple thought. Nothing left to do but pass the ball to another person...IGNITE PASS!

By WinterRaineeDay.