Eighteen

I sat in the chair next to the bed, watching Severus sleep. Id managed to get him showered and in bed without any further issues. Once he had finally fallen asleep, I went downstairs to clean up the mess he had made. His eyes started to open, a groan escaping him. I moved to sit on the edge of the bed, looking down at him. 

Sev took in a breath before he looked to me, wincing a bit at the light that flooded the room. He sat up slowly, keeping the covers on his waist. I had managed to get him showered, but couldnt get him dressed. I had his clothes sitting on the dresser, ready for him. 

I placed a potion in his hand. He looked at it before looking back at me. "I paid attention in class." I said softly. His eyes narrowed before he uncorked it and placed it under his nose, smelling the potion. He smirked a little, drinking the vial quickly. His face was still hard, but I knew that had tasted awful. 

He leaned back against the headboard, letting out a sigh. It only took moments before his face relaxed and I could tell his pain was gone. His eyes looked to me, sadness lingered in them. "I hurt you," Severus whispered. "I put my hands on you." 

I nodded slowly. "It wasnt bad, dont worry about it." I whispered. 

"Let me see." 

I shook my head, getting up from the bed. He growled a little. "Rowan." His authority came through, reminding me of being in his class once more. I sighed, pulling the over shirt I was wearing off. I was left in a camisole, my eyes down. My shoulders were turning a shade of blue from the force he had pushed me with. 

I moved over to him, sitting back on the bed. His eyes were sad as he reached up and touched my bruises. He shook his head gently, looking down. I took his hand in mine and sighed. 

"Sev, its okay." I whispered. 

He shook his head now, pulling away from me. I let out a sigh, crawling up to straddle his waist. "Severus," I breathed, taking his face in my hands. "Everything is fine." I told him. His eyes looked up to me, obviously upset. I placed my hands on his chest, smiling as I felt his heartbeat again. It was doing the same thing it had the night before. 

"Im sober." He spoke softly. 

"You are." I confirmed. 

"Im in love with you." His voice came out as velvet. I took in a deep breath and nodded slowly.  I leaned forward, placing my lips against his. 

I knew I felt something for Severus. I knew I was fond of him, that I would gladly place my life down for him to live, and that I was attracted to him. His touch, unlike others, didnt repulse me or make me want to cry. He made me feel safe and secure. 

I was falling in love with him. I had never known this feeling and it frightened me, yet I wanted to do what Albus had said when he had married us. I want to love him fearlessly and unconditionally. 

I pulled back now, looking at Severus. My lips pulled into a smile. 

"Im falling in love with you, Sev." I whispered. 

His eyes sparkled for a brief moment before he rolled us over to where his body was hovering above mine. I giggled now, making Sev pause. I bit down on my lip. "That." He said. "That is the first time youve laughed in front of me." He smiled. My cheeks flushed a bright red. 

Sevs head dipped down, his lips exploring the skin of my neck and shoulder. He would leave small bites on my skin, sending a warm vibration through me. My eyes closed, letting him explore my body. It took me a moment to process, but I realized what this feeling was. 

For the first time in my life, I was happy.