Sixteen

I moved quickly behind Severus as we moved into the forest. He took my hand and grabbed Draco by the wrist quickly, apparating us to Malfoy Manor. Draco let out a soft whimper, my eyes looking to his. I reached for his hand, letting him take it. I tried to comfort him, but knew it was no use. My hand squeezed his tightly before I let it go, Severus, leading me very quickly inside. 

Lucius Malfoy opened the door, letting us inside. Draco was immediately brought into his mothers arms. His father could care less about what had happened to his son, but his mother, it was clear, loved him to no end. 

"He is waiting for you, Severus." Lucius spoke. Severus nodded once, keeping my hand in his. I walked beside him into the meeting room. My father was standing beside my mother, who must have gotten here moments earlier. 

"Rowanna, my dear." Bellatrix turned to me. She moved to me, placing a hand to my face. "Such a pretty girl," She smirked. I gave a smile to her, it was forced, but it was a smile. 

"Thank you, mother." I whispered. She smirked and moved passed us, exiting the room. I turned my attention to my father, letting my head fall in respect. He motioned for us to sit down. I followed Severus, taking my place next to him. 

"Is he dead?" He sat across from us. Severus nodded, squeezing my hand under the table. I looked to Sev, taking a deep breath. Voldemort cackled happily. I tensed at the sound, my eyes going back to my father. His eyes landed on me, going hard for a moment. 

"And what I asked of you?" 

"Yes, father." I said softly. He motioned for me to come to him. I let of of Sev, feeling the emptiness of my hand as I moved to my father. His hand placed on my stomach as I moved to him. I could see Severus tense slightly, but relax quickly. 

"Ah, there we are." He smiled, tilting his head. "Pureblood pumps through its veins, much like yourself, Rowanna." Father spoke. I looked over to Sev, closing my eyes for a moment as I dropped my head to look at my father. 

He removed his hand from my abdomen, but I lingered for a moment before i moved back to Sev. 

"My Lord, what shall we do now?" Severus asked. Voldemort looked up to him thinking for a moment. 

"Severus, you two shall return to your home. Stay there until the start of the school year, then take your rightful place as Headmaster." He spoke quickly. "And you, my darling, will go with him. Your place in the school shall be..." He paused for a moment. "You assist Severus in whatever he requires."

I nodded once in understanding. "Dismissed." He spoke now. Severus took my hand once more before he led me out of the room. We walked past Draco, his eyes red and swollen. I gave him a look of sympathy before Severus apparated us to a small house in Spinners End. 

I looked around the street as Severus began walking up to the door to unlock it. I took in a shaky breath entering the home behind him. He closed and locked the door, sighing as he finally felt safe. I bit my lip as I stared at him. 

"Come, Rowan, you need to rest." He said. He took my hand, leading me up the stairs and into the bedroom. He made sure I had gotten comfortable before he left me alone. I sat n the edge of the bed for a long moment, my head in my hands. It had been hard on me, I couldnt imagine how Severus must feel. 

I was asleep within the hour, drifting in and out of nightmares.