Two

Before long I was awakened by the other students coming into the dormitory. I sat up to look at my hand and sighed. Though bruised, it was no longer broken.  I sighed, looking to my watch. Almost seven. I got out of bed slowly, making sure my uniform was perfect, and then headed to potions. My footfalls sounded with soft clicks and I tried to be quieter, but the stone floors denied me the secrecy. I knocked softly on the Potion Master door. 

"Enter." His voice was deep. I pushed the door open and entered the room, closing it behind me. I slowly moved to stand in front of his desk. "Miss Strange, so lovely you could make it for detention. " He sighed out. I let my head fall slightly, showing submission to him.  His eyes looked up to me now. 

"You shall help me grade papers." He said, handing me a stack of papers and the answer sheet. I nodded once. I turned to sit at my usual spot, but he cleared his throat, pointing to a chair next to his desk. I sat quietly, not minding the silence as we worked to grade the papers. I could feel his eyes on me every now and then, though I never looked up. I looked over Draco Malfoys sheet and sighed. "Sir?" I questioned. He looked up to me now. "Dracos answer is partially right." I said softly, showing him the boys answer. Snape took in a deep breath and looked over the answer. "Discount him for it. Partial answer is never good enough." 

I nodded and marked it as wrong before moving on. We continued in silence for another few minutes before he stopped and looked to me. "You are quieter than my usual students." He spoke. "Both of your parents are rather loud." He tilted his head at me. "How did they manage to create such a quiet child?" 

I looked to him once more. "Because the last thing I want to do is be anything like them." I spoke softly. 

I swear to it, I saw Snape give a small smile my direction. I looked down to my arm, knowing that Snape and I had matching marks on our left arm. I very carefully reached down and touched where mine was. Snape did not fail to notice. He watched my movements before letting out a sigh. 

I had been branded two years ago, though it wasnt my choice. Snape unbuttoned his sleeve, pulling up the fabric to show me his own. I did the same, placing my arm next to his. "Will it ever go away?" I asked softly. Snape sighed and looked to my mark, seeing the redness around it. "When he was gone the first time, it faded. It was there, but it was light." He said, reaching over to touch the mark on my arm. I flinched away from him as if he hurt me. His eyes showed concern for a brief moment before he straightened once more. I twitched my mouth slightly, looking up at him. "Im sorry." He said softly. 

"It is not your fault." He said. His eyes went to his mark as he felt the sensation mine did. He stood slowly and nodded, pulling his sleeve down. "Detention is over." Me mumbled. I pulled my sleeve back down, rebuttoning it before I stood with him. "Come, we are being summoned." He said now. I followed him out of the castle, avoiding eye contact with everyone who walked by us. 

Once we had reached the Forbidden Forest, I stuck close to Snape, standing only inches behind him as we came to the usual meeting place. My father stood before us, his eyes watching closely as I moved to stand beside Severus. My eyes met his and he let out a sigh. "Rowanna, my dear girl. Come to me." He said. I moved closer to my father, my eyes downcast as a sign of respect.  "You are so young and so beautiful." His eyes snapped to Snape. 
Wouldnt you agree, Severus?" He asked. 

Snape nodded once. "Yes, my Lord." His voice was low and calm. 

My fathers hand placed under my chin now, lifting my eyes up to meet his. "You are ready to marry." I took in a deep breath as he spoke, scared of wata was to come. "Father?" I asked softly, questioning him. He dropped his hand from my face and looked to Severus. "I am in need of an army. One united and strong." He looked back to me as I stood next to Snape. "I have many, but if this is to go badly and I shall perish, I expect you two to carry on my wishes." He looked to Snape again. 

"Breed my grandchildren." He looked between Snape and I. I looked down again, biting at my lips. "Within the year." 

A year? "Father, I dont kno-" I was met with a slap across my cheek, making my head turn towards Snape. "Silence!" My father screamed to me. I bowed my head. "as you wish, Father." I spoke softly. 

"Good. " He moved to Snape and placed his hand on Snapes shoulder. "I give my daughter to you, Severus." He muttered. Snape nodded once in understanding. "Go now." My fathers voice was stern. Snape placed his hand in mine, I did my best not to recoil in front of my father, and led me from the forest.

One year. 

I looked to Snape. "I cant." I whispered to him. Snapes eyes shown the same, but he not dare speak the words. We would have a child or be killed at the hand of my father. 

I choose the latter.