Save Me From The Poison - Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

.:Matt:.

Wow what a day! I wasn’t expecting her to ask that of me but I wasn’t going to refuse.  It was amazing though, I didn’t expect that to come from her. She was so skilled!

Once she left I couldn’t help but jump around my room like a little kid at Christmas. How did I get her? She was gorgeous, intelligent and had an amazing personality as well. She is also strong willed. I wouldn’t have been able to go through what she has been through and still be as awe-inspiring. I respect her so much; I would have waited years for her to be that intimate with me if that’s what she wanted. I will always be a true gentleman with her.

I was sitting in the kitchen when my phone began to ring. It was Sophie, Victoria’s mum. I answered immediately.

“Hello.”

“Matt! Are you with Vicky?” she asked me, panic running through her voice.

“No I not, why what's happened?” I could hear that she had burst into tears, something bad has happened. “Sophie. What has happened?!”

“S-She hasn't come home from yours…” she paused. “A-And Chad has been let out on bail.”

I couldn’t speak. How could they do that? After all he’s done to her. I was so taken aback that I nearly dropped my phone. I caught it when Sophie called my name through the phone. I then burst to life.

“OK, have you called the police?” I asked calmly even though inside, my heart was doing flips… for the wrong reason.

“N-No… I thought I should call you first.”

I sighed, “OK I’ll call them now, try and see if you can find her. Check all the places she normally goes to. Its late so be careful.” I told her hanging up. I know I shouldn’t let her go searching for Victoria in the dark on her own but I needed to call the police and inform them about what they should know.

I instantly rang up the police and they said they were sending someone out to speak to me. It seemed like forever until the ring at the door signalled that they were here.

As the policeman entered, he already began to ask questions. “So what has happened?”

“We believe that Victoria was kidnapped by Chad. He has been let out on bail and we think he took her. She was on her way home, heading to the shops on the way and she didn’t turn up home and we haven’t been able to get in touch with her.” I told the man. He nodded whilst writing some notes down.

“OK Mr Harrison, could I ask who is this ‘we’?”

I nodded, “I am referring to myself and Sophie, Victoria’s mother.”

“Why hadn’t Miss Turner contacted the police herself?”

“She was too upset when she rang up me asking if Victoria was here.”

“Why did she ask if Victoria was at yours?” the man asked yet another question.

“She was here before she headed home. We are close family friends; she’s like a sister to me.”        

He nodded slowly, I wasn’t sure if he believed me or not. “Do you know what shop she went to?”

I thought about it for a minute, trying to work out where she would have gone. She didn’t mention it when she was round here. “Well she left at eight-ish so there wouldn’t be many open at that time. I think she probably went to the 24-Hour Wal-Mart that is a few blocks away.” I nodded once I said it, it made sense that she went there.

Once I told them, we made our way there and they went inside to ask for the CCTV recordings to see if she was here. I stayed outside and walked around. I walked the direction that she probably would have gone if she was here.

I kept an eye out for anything. That’s when I saw a phone on the floor. I picked it up and realised it was Victoria’s, my suspicions were correct because I unlocked it and there was a message from Sophie on the screen that Victoria was reading at the time. It was a text that told Victoria that Chad was let out on bail. She must have been terrified when she read that.

It was probably the text she got when we were kissing. If she read it she wouldn’t have been taken, I would have come with her if I knew that he was out. I wouldn’t have let her out on her own if I knew! God I wish she’s OK… if he lays one finger on her I will hurt him!

I showed the phone to the police and they then got the CCTV from round the area to see if we could see where she went. They then told me that they would watch it and then contact me when they have something. I wasn’t happy about that at all and they knew if when I started to swear at them… maybe I shouldn’t have done that.

It took another day until they finally had something. I was so relived; it meant I didn't have to call them every other hour to see if they had anything. Now they did.

They believe she's in a warehouse, just outside town. They found the car that Victoria was put in on the CCTV and traced the number plate to see if it could be found. Thankfully they had found it because if they didn't, I would probably be sitting in a jail cell for attacking a police officer by now. I was nearly at that point.

When the police told me, I got in my car and went to the police station. They were apprehensive but soon agreed to let me come with them, as long as I stayed in the car... I'm not sure I'll be able to keep to that promise.

The ride to the warehouse was silent as the police officers that were in the truck I was in were preparing themselves for what they had to do. I definitely wasn't going to stand in there way with that. The journey took 45 minutes to get there and when we did, the police jumped out the van as quietly as they could, collected their guns and took their positions. I stayed in the van with the doors open to watch everything they did. I needed to see Victoria as soon as she comes out. It’s like I'm addictive to her. I don't know what I'd do if she was put in hospital again, it will kill me now I can admit that I'm in love with her.

The officers were in position and their chief gave the signals for them to go. The only door I could see was burst open and the police filled in the room. I could hear them shouting and calling out demands, probably to Chad.

They called out things like, "Get down.", "Drop the weapon.", "Hands behind your back.” It seemed like there was more than one in there with Chad.

It quietened down, making me assume that all the people in there had been arrested. I knew I had promised not to but I had to go and see if she was in there. It’s agony not knowing.

I got out and van and crept to the door. I peered in and saw her. Her beautiful, bruised face. Something came over me and I had a rush of adrenaline. I jogged over to her, picked her up and passionately kissed her. It felt like it was only us; I couldn't see or hear anyone else, just her.

We broke apart, breathless, and rested our foreheads against each other’s.

It took a while before our breath was back and reality set in. We then realised that we were in a room filled with police officer that just saw a teacher kiss his student. This wasn't going to end well!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh another chapter! I hope you guys like it. Please vote/comment if you think I deserve it because I really would like to see what the Watty Awards journey is like. Tell me what you think!

Thank you for all the support!