Save Me From The Poison - Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

.:Victoria:.

The night with the Harrison’s finished just how I planned it too. Once we finished eating we went back into the living room and sat and watch a film. When Andrea put the DVD in she said that this was Matt’s favourite. The title screen came up and I saw it was 50 First Dates. It was a chick flick so I could help but laugh.

“This is your favourite?” I asked and he nodded sheepishly, I giggled and cuddled up to him and we watched the film.

Later that night, once I said goodbye to everyone, Matt drove me home and when we got to my house he walked me to my door and gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek which ended the night perfectly.

Today I'm going back to school. I don't feel 100% but I do feel much better than I have done.

Because I’m becoming more like my old self again, I've realised that I don't need to hide anymore. Home used to be the only safe place I knew because Chad wasn't allowed in, but now school can also be safe. Chad won't be there and I'll have Matt as well. So I'm going to be brave and go to school, I'm going to have to face everyone sooner or later so I might as well go and do it now.

I finished in the bathroom and chose out an outfit that people wouldn't have seen me in for ages, I would normally wear dark, baggy clothes that didn't flatter me at all and made me look like a boy so what I chose is completely different.

I picked out a tight red tank top with a white floaty skirt that went down to above my knee, and white sandals to go with. I put on a slight amount of makeup and presented myself to the mirror.

Wow. I don’t think I can get used to seeing me like this, I finally feel alive again!

I smiled at my reflection and made my way to school, meeting Tiffany on the way there. She had been round a couple of times when I’ve been stuck at home, and each time she would bring a bunch of cards and flowers with her from people at school. I was stunned when she came the first time with them; I never knew people cared about me.

As we walked to school together, a smile was plastered on my face. I couldn't help but love being in the company of Tiff, without realising it she could easily turn a bad situation into good with just a few words spoken from her mouth. She comes out with the funniest things!

As I entered school, everyone's attention turned to me. I hope I don't look too bad, I thought to myself. I knew I was limping a bit still but I think that was the only physical thing I could think of.

I walked down the hallway, heading to my locker and I had people pass me saying hello to me. It was strangely nice; I never used to like having people talk to me. I actually like being noticed for once, even if it was for a horrible reason.

As I walked down the corridor, the walls seemed brighter and more welcoming, they didn't feel like doom was coming and that felt so relieving. I think I can finally start to enjoy coming to school now!

I got to my locker and opened it. The door opened and I bunch of notes, letter and cards fell out... there was at least fifty. I bent down and picked up the ones that fell to the floor. I opened up the one on top and read it.

Victoria,

I can't believe what happened to you, I feel so guilty! I shouldn't have stopped being your friend once you got together with him. I was stupid and jealous because he was the new fit guy that had come to our school. I just keep thinking to myself if I could have noticed what he was doing to you and stop him if I was still being your friend. I'm so sorry; I hope you are able to read this...

Love Jade xx

I gasped when I read it, I can't believe Jade sent me a letter; we haven't spoken since Chad came to the school. Jade was my other best friend along with Tiffany, us three were inseparable and had been friends for ages. Everything changed when Chad came to this school. Both Jade and I thought he was hot but she liked him a lot more than I did, however Chad picked me and I went with it because no boy has ever really noticed me before. Jade was upset and jealous, she thought I betrayed her and so she stopped speaking to me and even acknowledging me. That's when we stopped being best friends and the only friend I had left was Tiff because Jade also made some of the other people that liked me to start hating me and ignoring me too, thankfully Tiff didn't stop being my friend.

I don't know why I was so shocked about Jade sending me a letter because so many other people had... I guess it's because I completely forgot about my old life and the people in it that I didn't think they still cared about me. It's weird that this many people have something to say to me... it’s a shame that it had to happen once I was at deaths door.

I read Jade’s letter again and smiled, I need to talk to her soon. I put it back into its envelope and put all the letters I had in my locker into my bag so that I can read them when I get home. I then put the books I didn't need right now into my locker and shut it and began to make my way to Drama... definitely the best lesson of the day as I get to stare at my boyfriend throughout it!

I got to lesson early so we could have a few minutes alone before everyone else comes in. I entered quietly and saw Matt by his desk with his back to me. I snuck up to him and placed my hands over his eyes.

"Guess who?"

"Spiderman?" he said turning to face me with a smile on his face. "Oh guess not."

I laughed at his silliness, "Spiderman? Really?!" he just shrugged his shoulders and gently kissed my nose.

I smiled and tugged at his tie to bring him closer to me so I could kiss him. He responded immediately and our tongues began to caress one another's.

It was getting pretty heated but the sound of girls gossiping made us break away from another. It was good timing because the girls then came into the room. Matt then began to talking to me like a teacher would to a student.

"So are you sure you’re OK now?"

I nodded, "Yes Sir I am, thanks for asking."

He smiled like he loved hearing that, "That's great! Go on take a seat, class will be starting soon."

I did as he said and sat on my own. As soon as I sat down, the group of girls came and sat with me. As they sat they told me they were sorry for treating me the way they did and that they would love it if I worked with them. I told them not to worry and agreed to working with them, I have a strange feel that many people are going to act like this.

The lesson ended and I actually found it really enjoyable, the girls were so nice and were really good at drama as well so I was able to actually do some work. As we started to leave the room, Matt asked if he could speak to me. Once everyone had gone he began to talk.

"That was a close one!" he said and I then remembered our close call we had earlier.

"Ah yeah, I think we need to be more careful." I said.

"I agree, how about putting down some rules?" I nodded and waited for him to come up with some. "What about no kissing in school?"

I shook my head; I didn't want that to happen. "No I still want to kiss you but why don't we say can't do anything unless the door is locked and we know no one will interrupt us?"

"Sounds good!" he said and leaned down to kiss me.

I pushed him away gently, "Didn't you listen to the rules?"

"Oh yeah... please just one kiss?" he begged and I gave in and kissed him quickly on the lips before making my way to my next class, knowing that our rule will probably be broken... a lot!