||SIX||

After Law left Roxi had trouble sleeping.

She always had trouble sleeping.

Roxi sighed. She was bored. Really really bored. 

But she was to lazy to, you know, actually do anything.

So for the past six hours she'd been lying awake. 

She hoped the crew wouldn't be to annoying. Mello, the librarian didn't seem very annoying. He seemed nice and quiet. They'd probably get along. She didn't like talking to people, and neither did he. Therefore they wouldn't talk, so they'd get along fine.

On the other hand...Law. Roxi had a feeling he'd be annoying, he was a doctor after all. Doctors take care of people. He probably wouldn't tolerate her...tendencies. 

The heavy metal door once again opened. The same white haired black eyed boy from before entered the room. "S-sorry for intruding..." The shy boy mumbled. 

Roxi tilted her head. "Why are you here?"

"A-ah umm...I'm supposed to show you around the sub..." Mello spoke up a bit. He started to look at her, but immediately turned away. "D-do you have a shirt on?..." 

Roxi was confused. Why would it matter? "No..."

Roxi watched as Mello's ears turned red. "Please wear it!" The adorable boy squeaked. 

"Sure..." Roxi heard Mello sigh in relief. She didn't know why, but Roxi put her shirt back on. After all...Mello seemed distressed about it... God, Roxi hoped she wasn't making some terrible mistake in the world of social interaction. "Done."

The snowy haired boy hesitantly turned his pitch black eyes, devoid of any light onto her. He sighed in obvious relief. "Thanks..." He gestured for Roxi to follow him. "Please follow me..."

Roxi nodded, slipping out of bed, quite literally. Black spots darted across her vision as she got a sudden burst of pain from her head. Roxi stumbled down and nearly fell. Huh. Maybe making sudden movements after being bedridden for two days wasn't the best idea.

However, before she could fall, Mello caught her. using his body to support hers. As soon as Roxi had steadied on her feet Mello moved away. "S-sorry--it was h-habit!" He apologized. 

Roxi was more than a bit taken about. "No... please don't mind it." The ebony eyed boy stuttered. He lightly tapped her and began walking towards the door. Roxi followed.

The halls were carpeted in grey, the walls were metal, only illuminated by small wall lights that shone a dim white. Roxi and the snowy haired boy's footsteps slightly echoed through the halls. The only other sound was the muffled hum of machinery.

Finally, they stopped at another thick metal door. "Prison." There was no further explanation necessary. It was right next to the lab, Roxi was fairly certain that it's main purpose was to hold people before experimenting on them.  It was standard practice in the world government facilities after all.

They walked for a bit more, reaching another metal door. "This is captain's room, I don't recommend ever opening it or being loud near it...Captain hates that." Mello whispered.

Roxi nodded.

They walk a bit more, the next door looked almost identical. "This'll be your room...most of the other rooming is on the top level, but your an exception..." Mello mumbled.

She perked up in interest. "Why?" 

"Ah...please don't take this badly but there are a few main reasons..." The ebony eyed boy fiddled with a book. "Captain uses this room for people he doesn't really trust, because it's near his room and at the bottom level of the submarine so it's easier to monitor, also since you'd be our first female crew mate we don't really have a woman's quarters yet..." He finished.