||FIVE||

"Now then..." Law's stormy eyes glared at her. "How about you explain why you were in that kind of condition." Roxi had a feeling he wouldn't like it if she avoided the question.

So--like a genius, Roxi avoided the question. "I don't know what you mean." She let her eyes wander to other parts of the room. Refusing to meet the steel eyes burning into her.

"After suddenly collapsing, you've been out for two days." The pirate started. "You're terribly sleep deprived, haven't eaten any substantial amount in weeks, and have evidence of severe overwork." His cold grey eyes burned into her. "Explain."

Roxi bit her lip. She really didn't want to talk about that. "I didn't have anything to eat there."

That was a lie. Law's eyes sharpened, he harshly turned her head towards him, forcing Roxi to make eye contact. "I wouldn't recommend lying." His voice held a dangerous edge.

.

.

.

It was that moment when the door slowly creaked open, revealing a mellow-looking white haired black eyed boy. His pearly white skin glowed in the dark room, and he carried a bowl of what looked to be some kind of broth. "U-umm, is it okay for me to come in?" The boy mumbled. 

Law sighed, he let go of Roxi and instead turned to face the newcomer.  "Enter."

The boy nodded, stepping fully into the room. "Thank you Captain..." With his head lowered the white haired boy made his way over, his moments were small and silent. "U-umm, this is the broth you asked for..." The boy handed the bowl over to Law. the the ebony eyed boy finally lifted his head.

And went completely red.

"W-w-what!? Sorry!" Upon seeing Roxi's almost completely unclothed chest, he looked away, blushing profusely. The snowy haired boy bowed. "I'm really really sorry!"

Roxi was confused, she didn't understand why this boy was apologizing to her. Even with Roxi's fast thinking brain, the same one that made her one of the world's best scientists, she simply couldn't understand common sense. "What are you apologizing for?" Roxi tilted her head, completely clueless.

"E-eh?" The fair skinned boy stuttered. He looked at his captain for help.

Law sighed. "Don't mind it, just introduce yourself and leave."

"Ah...okay." The snowy haired boy mumbled. Honestly he reminded Roxi of a timid kitten. He turned towards her. "Umm...nice to meet you...my name's Mello...What's yours?"  The boy, Mello, shyly mumbled.

It seemed as if Mello's well---mellow introduction affected Roxi, because her introduction was nearly as awkward. "Ah...yeah...m-my name's Roxi." She responded, slightly taken aback.

.

.

.

Apparently putting two socially awkward people in the same room and telling them to talk is pretty useless. 

Finally Law decided to take the initiative. "Roxi, Mello is our librarian, although he also occasionally cooks." Roxi nodded, taking in the new information. "Mello, this is Roxi, your future crew mate."

Mello looked up in surprise. Then a small smile wormed it's way onto his face. "Nice." If he hadn't been such an awkward person, he might've said more. But as it was, the boy was simply to shy to say anything else before he left the room.

.

.

.

Roxi, honestly, well---seemed to have short circuited.  

Crew mate?

Pirate?

Join?

What in the hell was going on?

It took her a few seconds to comprehend.

"Law, I don't want to join your crew." Roxi voiced her complaints. Being on a pirate crew meant having to deal with people, she didn't want to deal with people. Besides, it'd be far harder to atone for her past sins if she had people around to stop her. 

 Law shrugged. "Tough luck, you'll be staying here."Roxi had a feeling she wouldn't be able to worm her way out of this one. Her brows furrowed, if she couldn't avoid it, then she'll at least need to assure herself some luxuries. 

"Fine, but only on a few conditions." She stated.

Law smirked in satisfaction. "Go on."

"I want a separate quarters from everyone else, and access to the lab." She definitely didn't want to share a room with anyone, being around them is bad enough...but, oh lord, if she didn't have a place to escape social contact..she might go crazy. As for the lab, it's fairly self-explanatory, she needed to be able to conduct experiments.

"That's all?" Law questioned.

She nodded.

He smirked. "Well then--welcome to the crew." Roxi sighed. Let's just say she wasn't exactly looking forward to living with people. "Eat this and we'll be done. Tomorrow I'll formally introduce you to the crew." Law pushed the bowl of broth towards her.

Roxi looked at it in distaste. After practically starving herself, food had gradually become far less desirable than before. Roxi was never hungry. "I appreciate the sentiment, but no thanks."

Law scowled. "As your captain, I order you to eat." His voice was low. 

Roxi still hesitated. At this point she was exhausted, and honestly not in the mood for confrontation. She sighed. "Fine." Roxi whispered, defeated

So she'd be leaving that island huh?

Roxi couldn't say she'd miss it, but she would probably miss that Lizard. He....was her only friend after all.

Unko probably just slipped off into a dark corner, avoiding the dangerous newcomers.

He was probably lazily sleeping on some corner of the island.

At least he'll be safe.

Little did she know.

-----

Haha, wonder what's going on with our reptilian friend?

What do you think of Mello? I decided to introduce some ocs early on. So what do you think of the quiet white haired librarian?