||FOUR||

Law stared at the unconscious body on the floor.

Don't you jut love it when you have to deal with shit like this?

No?

Well Law doesn't either. 

And you know what certainly didn't make the incident any better? when some kind of goddamn reptilian voice thundered through his head and started ordering him around. "Oi, mushroom man, can you stop staring like a fucking idiot and treat her already?" 

Law furrowed his brow. "Who are you?" He asked, as he could see absolutely no one in sight.

Shachi and Penguin looked at him strangely. "Captain? Who are you talking to?" Penguin questioned.

"Yeah are you okay?" Shachi asked.

"Shut up you dimwits no one asked for your input."

Law heard the same voice, but this time, due to Shachi and Penguin screaming their heads off, it was evident that they heard it as well. At least all the stress of managing a crew like his hadn't made him go crazy. "AHEM, MUSHROOM, I was talking to you!"  The annoyed voice returned.

Law scowled. "Don't order me around."

"Oh sure, well--I mean you can just leave her then." The voice sarcastically replied. "Oh and by the way, you seem like a fucking idiot for talking out loud, speak to me mentally you little shit." The voice added.

Law's scowl deepened. "I said to tell me who you are."  Yes, Law definitely had his priorities straight. But hey, at least he figured out the whole mental speaking stuff.

"Fine, but you better treat her immediately." The voice grumbled. "There I'm out." Law, however, couldn't see anyone, and instead looked around rather puzzled. "Oh I should've known." Law could practically imagine the mystery person rolling their eyes. Something about this guy was really irritating Law. "Mushroom guy! Down here! On her shoulder!" Something about the tone of voice sounded mocking.

Law let his eyes wander down to Roxi's shoulder. Atop it, was an electric blue lizard, his crimson eyes practically oozing contempt. Law's eyes widened. That was a Lacertil! A highly toxic species of lizard, capable of producing small amounts of poison, that have deadly effects. What in the hell was one doing here!? The lizard rolled it's eyes. "Yeah I know I'm simply glorious, so I won't blame you for staring. But--While I'm no doctor, I'm fairly certain she needs some attention."

That startled Law out of his trance. "Right right."

-

It was a nightmare an endless nightmare. Where was she? Who was she? What was she? In the endless dark her only comfort was the endless beeping. The beeping was her friend. It never stopped. It never left. It stayed with her in the void. She couldn't move, , she couldn't taste, or smell. But she could hear.

She knew there was something more than the dark, and the beeping. She knew. She remembered it, orange and red, accompanied by a sense of dread. Those moving colors of orange and red were the things that made her feel like this after all.

Hot.

It was so, so hot.

Her skin was nothing but liquid heat, or so she felt.

So that was her life, darkness, beeps, heat, and memories of  orange and red, accompanied by dread. 

But-- today something was different. There was was a sound other than the beeping. It was a--loud screech. Like a metal door swinging on its hinges. Then voices. The young girl heard little bits of speech.