||TWO||

Roxi grinned. Now that she had two perfectly good bodies, she just needed to make sure it was fine to operate on them....in other words, she needs to confirm that these two pirates are irredeemable scum that take pleasure in ransacking islands and killing civilians. 

Or...rather, she needs to talk to them.... Talk... This was always her least favorite step. "Pathetic." Unko's sharp voice sounded.

"Can't you just read their mind or something!" Roxi snapped. As far as she knew, Unko could easily use his devil fruit to read the surface thoughts of a person, therefore Unko could simply ask about how many civilians they had killed, read their thoughts, and done!

"Of course I could." 

"Then do it!"

"That seems tiresome."

There was no arguing with the lizard.

Much to Roxi's panic, the penguin hat guy started waking up, followed shortly by the green hat guy. "Eh? Where are we?...." Penguin hat guy sleepily muttered.

Roxi practically dashed behind the closest desk, out of sight from, she shuddered, people. Okay, calm down. What does she need to do now? Right, figure out if they're horrible people or not.  Calm down, it should be easy. Easy. It's easy!

In as calm a voice as she could muster, desk spoke. "You two..." The two men jolted up, or rather, tried, they were tied to the experiment tables. 

Oh god.

They're paying attention to her now!

Roxi did her best to clam down. Still hiding behind the desk, Roxi voiced her speech. It was a speech that she...admittedly....well--spend days on. "I see you are awake." Oh fucking hell she sounds so bad! Make it stop. But....

There was no turning back now.

Roxi cleared her throat. "Straight to the point, when you arrive on a populated island what do you do? And what crew do you belong to?" Oh lord! She asked way to many questions! What has she done! Roxi should've just found someone she knew would be a terrible person, and avoided all this hassle! What in the hell was she thinking! She can't talk normally to people!

"E-eh!?" The penguin guy shouted in surprise.

"Who are you!?" The green hat guy yelled.

She had no idea what to do. Hiding behind the desk, Roxi's violet eyes flashed with anxiety. She hadn't prepared for this! "Tch. I'll help you out this once." Unko grumbled, clearly tired of her awkwardness.

"Thank you so much!" Roxi practically hugged the crimson eyed lizard, nearly making him claw her. As it turned out, Unko hated hugs, in fact, he would usually kill someone the moment they even attempted to touch his glorious azure scales, but Roxi was an exception.

"You owe me for this..." The lizard sighed.

"Of course!" The jade haired woman agreed.

The reptile's face turned to something resembling a smirk. Unko closed his scarlet eyes and concentrated, reading minds, even just only the surface level thoughts, was always difficult. Roxi saw his eyes snap open one again. "They're relatively good people, definitely not the kind of crew to go around massacring civilians." Unko almost sounded as disappointed as Roxi felt.

So she couldn't operate on them.

What a shame.

She a lovely chemical to test.

It was about that moment when footsteps came echoing through her old research facility.

Wait what?

Footsteps?

People?

EHHHHHHH!?

Just as she was registered that there were people in her home, a man and polar bear entered her lab. The man had steely grey eyes, short raven hair, a goatee, and although Roxi didn't get a very good look at him before going back behind the safety of her rock, it looked like he was wearing some kind of mushroom hat?

On the other hand, there was a polar bear. An adorable polar bear wearing a neon orange jumpsuit. Big black eyes, soft white fur. The bear was truly....adorable!

Really really adorable!

But back to the matter at hand...

"Captain!" Both men cried, relief evident in their voices.

"Shachi, Penguin." A voice answered, presumably the mushroom man. Roxi heard the sound of restrains snapping, and two people landing on the floor. Those two men, Shachi and Penguin? Yeah, they had probably been freed. "Explain what happened." This time his tone was significantly colder than before. Roxi recognized that tone, this was an order. 

"Ah, well-" The one Roxi presumed is penguin started.

"-after collapsing from...uhhh--something-" The green hat guy, probably Shachi, cut in.

"-yeah I think it was poisonous gas-" Penguin interrupted

"-and after that we were knocked out-" Shachi elbowed penguin.

"-by a pretty lady-" Penguin added.

"-then when we woke up someone-" Shachi began.

"-the pretty lady-" Penguin elaborated.

"Goddammit penguin! Stop interrupting me!" Shachi complained, quite annoyed at his friend's constant interruption.

"What!? You interrupted first!"

"Well you-!" Shachi was cut off by an annoyed voice.

"Both of you shut up." The person they called Captain spoke, even from behind her desk Roxi could feel the weight of his voice. "Penguin, explain who the person you saw was, Shachi explain what happened when you woke up."

"Y-yes!" Penguin's voice sounded slightly nervous. "Before I was completely knocked out I saw a ton of fluffy green stuff, boobs, purple eyes, I think I also saw a unicorn...but I'm not really sure." 

From behind her desk Roxi tensed, he had definitely seen her. Hmm...She didn't know that gas would cause minor hallucinations, how useful.

The one called Captain sighed. "And you, Shachi?"

Was it just Roxi's imagination or did this Captain guy seem really tired?

"Ah--Right...So after we woke up, a few minutes ago someone asked what crew we're from...and for some reason what we do once we reach an island?" Shachi sounded kinda confused. This, confirmed to Roxi, that she should never, ever try to talk to people. Of course they'll end up confused! "Then you guys came." Shachi finished.

"Then," A pause. "Either this person somehow left without us noticing, or--" Roxi could practically hear his tone sharpen. "they're still in this room."

And of course Roxi just had to accidentally move a pen! Just her luck! 

As the sound echoed through the room tension rose to an unbearable high.

Step.

Step.

Step.

The footsteps were getting closer.

And closer.

And closer.

Until---Oh god. The mushroom hat guy was right in front of her. Staring at her with intimidating steel eyes.

With her mind racing fast, Roxi said the only thing she could think of.

"Hi?"

-----

Hmm---Second chapter up and ready Hope 'ya liked it!