Chapter 10

I found a small case outside of home, so I went to it, in the middle of the night. It was a school night, but I really don't care to go to school, I've been skipping since I was beat up in the locker room a month ago. I got info of the case, and decided it was definitely a vampire, simple beheading, easy. I snuck into a bar and looked around, then found the rowdy group. Only 3 of them, that's easy enough, just gotta follow them to their hide out, and cut their heads off when they're sleeping.
After a while, they left, I followed behind them on my bike, as they drove fast. After a few hours of driving, they stopped in an old barn and got out, I hid behind a tree, and waited, till daylight. Once I saw the sun, I waited for an hour and then snuck into the barn. I quickly and quietly walked in, and started slashing heads off. The last one woke up and attacked me, pinning me to the wall, I smiled and kicked them in the gut and pinned them to the ground. I grabbed my machete and pushed down on their neck till it broke off. I sighed and turned around, only to see my dad, very pissed off. Uh-oh. I walked to him,
I said" Hey, dad." I smiled at him, he only gave me a cold emotionless stare, I'm dead. He walked away, I followed him to the impala and saw he had strapped my bike to the top. He got in and started the car, I sighed then got in, looking down.

The car ride was excruciatingly silent, and it was a 3 hour drive... my dad stared at the road and drove, didn't talk or look at me. I don't understand what's wrong, why's he mad at me? Why won't be just tell me what's wrong? We pulled into the garage, and he got out, I sighed and got out, following him to the library.
He said" What the hell was that?"
I said" A little case, I just did it."
He yelled" You could have been hurt or worse?! Camreign, do you realize how stupid that was?! And why haven't you been going to school?! They called, said you've been skipping for a fucking month?! Camreign, what the hell?!" I gulped, shaking,
I screamed" It was just a simple vamp case! What's so bad about that?! Why are you yelling at me?!"
" Because you're the kid, I'm the dad! Camreign, you know you're not allowed to hunt! Why in hell would you do that?! You were gone! You snuck out of this bunker and disobeyed our rules! What do you have to say?!"
" Nothing! I was just doing what I'm good at! What's so wrong with being a hunter?! You're a freakin' hunter!"
" You're my daughter! You're gonna listen to me when I say no hunting!" I breathed heavily," You're never allowed to hunt!"
" Why not?! You hunt! Papa hunts! Jack hunts! Sammy hunts! Why can't I hunt?!"
" Because you're normal!"
" I'm not normal!"
" Yes you are! You're normal, and you're gonna stay that way!"
" I'm not normal! And I don't wanna be! I'm who I am!"
" No! You're who I want you to be! And my daughter's not gonna be a damn hunter!" Tears were running down my face, I turned and ran off, into the halls and to Sammy's room. I banged on his door, he opened it and I fell into the his arms, crying into his chest. He closed the door and lifted me up, sitting me on the bed, kneeling in front of me.
I said" Why is he being like that?! Why is he being so mean?!"
Sam said" I don't know, Cam, calm down, okay? It's alright."
" He's trying to tell me who I can be! He's never said that." My lip quivered, as tears ran down my face," He's never said that to me."
" Hey, hey, calm down, kiddo. You can be whoever you wanna be, hunter style or apple pie style, okay? I think he was just worried, okay? Just calm down, kiddo. I'll go talk with him, okay?" I nodded," Nothing to worry about, okay? You can be whoever you wanna be. I'll be right back." He got up and walked out the door, closing it behind him. I waited, wiping my eyes and sniffling, Dad came in after half an hour. He silently kneeled in front of me, looking at me. I didn't look at him,
He said" I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything I said, baby girl. I was clouded with fear, I didn't mean to make you cry, please baby girl, look at me. I didn't mean a word I said, I just- I was worried, you were skipping and then you went missing. I thought a demon got you, I'm so sorry, baby girl." I looked at him," I love who you are, uh... you're like Hannah Montana, best of both worlds." I giggled, smiling," There's that beautiful smile, I'm sorry."
I said" It's okay, dad." I hugged him, my arms wrapped around his neck, he hugged me back.
" I just don't wanna loose you."
" You're never gonna loose me, dad, you're stuck with me, for like the rest of your life. Even if I choose to be normal, or if I choose to be a hunter, I'm always gonna be around."
" I know."
" I'm always gonna be around, you are too, You've like died a million times, right?"
" Ha ha, very funny."
" I know!" He chuckled then ruffled my hair,
" Where'd you get that shirt from? It's fugly."
" I got it from your drawers, assbutt, so that means, you're fugly."
" Hey, now that was just unnecessary, baby girl." He chuckled," Damn, you're just like me."
" I know, but I'm adorable."
" I am too."
" No, you're not. You're fugly, daddy."
" Am not!"
" Are so!"
" I think I'm adorable."
" I'm the adorable one."
" Yeah, you are." He kissed my head, smiling at me, he lifted me up and spun me around. I laughed and hugged tightly to his neck, smiling at him.