Chapter Eight: Lalna is gay *funky mystery music*

Zoey Proasheck sat on the floor of her dorm atop a fuzzy red-and-white spotted rug, her knees drawn up, arms hugging them to her chest. Her bare skin had been scribbled on with pen; lines and dots making up her faux tattoos and the meaning of the design making very little sense to anyone but the girl that had drawn them; and her wrists were cluttered with a multitude of bracelets.

She was watching her roommate Minty. The girl was still dressed for work, and she was pacing back and forth, chattering animatedly and flipping her purple-tipped blonde hair every few moments.

"-And he suggested we go dress shopping together tomorrow, so we can find something to match his suit. He offered to pay for it and everything!" Minty was talking about a mile a minute; a normal occurrence for the girl when she was excited- or nervous- or both.

Zoey clapped her hands together, a wide grin brightening her face. If there was one thing she loved- (well, actually there's many things she loves, but that's not the point here)- it was people in love. "That's fantastic," she squealed. "You two are just the cutest!" Her head tipped to the side suddenly, and she contemplated her words. "Well, you're one of the cutest anyways. Madia and Xephy are pretty cute together too. All of our other friends are cuties too, even if they aren't in relationships, I mean really, Mint, have you ever noticed how cute everybody-"

She was cut off by Minty's soft giggling. The girl was holding her hands up, waving them around wildly. "Breathe, ZoZo, breathe."

Zoey gave a brisk nod, and then sucked in a lungful of air, her cheeks puffing out like a chipmunks. While Zoey caught her breath, Minty spun around once, and then flopped down backwards onto her bed, spreading her arms out across the flowery comforter and snatching up her sheep plushie, cuddling it to her chest. "I am a bit anxious, though, if I'm being honest..." Her tone had dropped a bit, growing several decibels softer. "I mean... He's pretty much Mr. Perfect, right? Ridge Goates. Say his name, and at least one girl in the nearby vicinity will faint."

"Do they?" Zoey questioned, deciding not to mention that that was kind of ridiculous, considering he was sort of a douche, for the sake of her friend. Minty didn't really reply, however; she merely kept going.

"So what if I'm not good enough? What if he hates the dress I pick out, or the makeup I wear, or decides I'm not pretty enough?"

Zoey had never heard her friend sound quite like that; so obviously anxious and stressed out, and the redhead pursed her lips, removing her arms from around her legs and flicking strands of stray hair out of her face.

Major cheering up was obviously in order.

"Ridge doesn't like you based on how pretty you are- and you are very pretty," she gently scolded her friend, raising a hand to point at the blonde. "Minty, you're pretty as an angel. Or something less cliché than an angel. Whatever. That doesn't matter. What matters is that you are beautiful, and Ridge better think you're beautiful because I have a brother that's so hecking skilled with a bow and arrow it's crazy, and I don't even need to say that because he DOES think you're beautiful, I can see it in the way he looks at you, he thinks you're beautiful and he thinks your smile is beautiful and he thinks you as a person are beautiful, and you're going to be the most beautiful person at that gala, and Mr. Preppy Pants is gonna be so much more in love with you, it'll be crazy."

The words flowed from her lips in a rapidly blurring jumble of thick British accent, not even pausing to take a breath. Minty was peeking at her over the top of her sheeps furry head, and it almost looked like tears were glistening in her pretty blue eyes.

Zoey pushed herself to her feet, and tugged her gray tank-top down a bit, before trotting over to Minty's bed. Without a word, she grabbed her friends hand and hauled her to her feet, tugging her towards the mirror that was hanging on the wall. Positioning Minty in front of it, she then turned and grabbed a pale pink flower from a vase sitting on her desk; which was promptly tucked behind Minty's ear.