In Russia, you fight yourself.

Alfred was tugging on a slightly long strand of hair as he stared up at the ceiling. 

Viktor had brought them to an American hotel, one that was alarmingly deserted. Well, to Alfred anyway. After all, America (himself?) was extremely populated. Especially in New York. The Russian and Ukraine decided to go out to buy food. That left Alfred with Belarus but she was taking a nap.

All he could think about was that note he had left behind. He hoped to lady liberty (which he did not see when flying over her usual spot) that Canada or Ivan, or someone found that note. Though, now that he thought about, living with Viktor wasn't horrible. 

In fact...it was pleasurable. Alfred liked talking with Belarus too...Ukraine was a 50/50 but even she was nice. 

"Maybe...maybe I don't want to be found?" Alfred muttered. His eyes widened. No, that's bad! I should've escaped years ago! Well...I was captured that long but still

Alfred groaned. Maybe...maybe when they find me, I can persuade them to take Viktor, Belarus, and Ukraine with us? After all...they could just do their country duties through a human, via phone calls, right?

His train of thought was interrupted by a distant door handle wiggling and a creak. Alfred assumed it was Viktor and Ukraine coming back. He sighed and rubbed his head. I should help them with the food. Alfred swung his legs over the bed and walked to the entrance.

Alfred expected bags filled with food, those bags being carried by his 'captors'. What he did not expect was his rescuers looking at Alfred, surprised. 

"Ve~, Germany was right! Alfredo was here!" Italy said fairly loudly. Alfred put his finger to his mouth quickly but it was too late.

A tired Belarus appeared from a doorway, rubbing her eyes. 

"Alfred, what happened-" she paused when she saw foreign the countries. 

Canada and France were the first to react. 

"Cheri, we do not mean to harm you, but would you care to explain why you have Alfred in your custody?" France asked passive aggressively. 

Belarus trembled slightly, giving Alfred a confused and alarmed look.

"Belarus...these are my...friends and they've come to, in a way, rescue me," Alfred explained gently, surprising them all. 

She gave a little bit of a hurt look. 

"You're saying that you disliked staying with us?"

Alfred shook his head, surprising them all again. "No, not at all. They were all worried about me because, technically, I'm not supposed to be here. In fact, I didn't want to come here but you guys treated me well. I enjoyed your company." Alfred explained.

Belarus scooted closer to him, almost hiding behind him, and looked at the others.

It was silent until Canada started sobbing. 

"You American! Do you understand how worried we were, how  was??" He wailed before tackling Alfred into a hug. 

Alfred chuckled. "E-ey, Mattie, you are going to crush me to death!" Canada showed no signs of letting go and the other countries came closer, all of them joining in on crushing America. 

Belarus moved away, fearful for Alfred's wellbeing. Even more so when she turned around and saw her brother standing there. 

"Soon you will all be crushed to death if you do not release America," Viktor called out. Ukraine motioned for Belarus to come to her and they both moved away, knowing that things weren't going to be pretty. 

"No you won't, we made a promise, Da? No hurting Alfred," Ivan replied smoothly. "Who said I was going to hurt him?" Viktor asked. "You did," Japan retorted with a straight face. 

Viktor, with no emotion, pointed towards the door. 

"Out."

Canada nodded. "Yes, we were just leaving. But with Alfred." 

They all walked out, not being once stopped by Viktor. Well...that was until they were fully outside. That's when China almost got killed. 

Viktor rushed out pipe in hand and aimed at China's head. Japan, however, intervened and punched the Russian in the stomach. That made him falter and fall back. 

China was silent with fear but shot a thankful look to Japan. Italy squeaked and hid behind Germany. 

Ivan retorted by bring out his own weapon of choice, a pipe, and charged his other self. 

"It's like its an Anime," Alfred commented, keeping his composure. Japan eyed him weirdly, as did France and Canada.

The American was right, as soon as their pipes met, they looked each other in the eyes and Viktor spoke up.

"I guess the only one you must defeat is yourself, Da?"

Ivan grunted and kicked Viktor backed. 

"Da."

How was that? Good? Not so good? 

I wanna have some construcive critism if you have some!

Anyway, I do know I'm bad at writing actions scenes, if I must be honest. So, I'm going to have to postpone that scene of Russia v. Russia till next chapter. 

Again, anything to help me improve as a writer is welcome! Have a wonderful day (or night)!