Life in the 2p's World...

Alfred was super bored with his interrogation with Viktor. He just asked questions about America's politics, territory, allies, stuff like that. It was extremely unnecessary considering the fact Viktor wasn't going to his world anyway. 

"Viktor, my dude, this has been great and all but why would you need to know all of this? It's not like your going to my country or anything," Alfred asked, voicing his thoughts. Viktor chuckled. "Maybe not, but it is good to get every piece of information you can get Da?"

Alfred shrugged. "I guess you're right." He said fiddling with his hair, careful not to touch his cowlick or Nantucket. "Well, I assume you are bored with all of this so I suppose we can take a break. Belarus seems to take a liking in you," Viktor said, getting up from his seat. Alfred did the same and Viktor opened the door for him.

The two walked over to a library where they found Belarus reading a book. Viktor sighed at the sight. "She's always reading books, never anything else," he muttered. Alfred found the tone of voice Viktor used was a little harsh. If Belarus liked books, Alfred thought that was a wonderful thing. 

"Sister! Alfred and you have gotten along nicely so while I and Ukraine start some paperwork, you can watch over him," Viktor said. Belarus jumped a bit at the sound of his voice but nodded and Viktor left. 

"Hi Belarus," Alfred greeted, giving her a friendly smile. "Hello Alfred," She replied.

There was an uncomfortable silence so Alfred decided to sit down in a chair with green cushions right next to her. "So, uh, how is it here? Living with Viktor and all that..." Alfred inquired. Belarus hesitated but relaxed a little bit. 

"It's nice here, even if my brother is struggling with...ah, communication and my sister has loyalty issues when it comes to people besides Viktor and me," She replied. Alfred raised an eyebrow. "Communication issues? Russia had no problem interrogating me," he said.

Belarus looked a little surprised. "Really? Viktor really does care about people, me and Ukraine to be more exact. He wasn't happy when the Soviet Union broke apart and most countries left, but when Ukraine and I saw his face..." She paused, putting her book down.

"...well, he this look of a kicked puppy. He looked scared and alone, he was about to start crying. That's when sister and I knew he truly cared about us, just that he had problems showing it.  That is why I am shocked to hear that you say he had no problem interrogating you. Even when interrogating the most harmless of countries, he stutters and they tell us."

Stutters? Alfred thought. Russia would never stutter...well, that's Ivan. We're talking about his counterpart, Viktor.

"I...I didn't know that. Then why would he have no problem with me?" Alfred asked. Belarus smiled fondly. "That probably means he's taken a liking to you and gotten comfortable around you already."

Alfred had this bubbly feeling inside him that was familiar to him. Too familiar. Alfred recognized it as the feeling he would get when it was just him and Ivan doing paperwork together and they were nearly touching each other's shoulders. His cheeks were warming up and Alfred lost his composure for a second, his mind going to the questions Could Viktor possibly..?

That was until Belarus put a hand against his forehead, worried. "Are you okay, Alfred?" She asked. Alfred shook his head in response. "No, it's just sometimes it happens," Alfred replied, giving a grin. Right Alfred, those are rational thoughts because totally Viktor like you. Riiiiiight. Belarus was simply saying he was getting comfortable around me, not lovesick you dum-dum. 

Belarus gave him a questioning look but decided it was a 1p's thing. "So, what about you? How's life in your world?" She asked. Alfred smiled, slightly missing his world in Belarus's comforting presence.

"I mean...it's pretty good. My house is beautiful, looking over a glittering beach in the morning. I just kind of wish that my family would talk to me more. Before I was kidnapped, I'd say that even Allen would talk to me more frequently than my brother or dads," Alfred said. 

"Why would you say that, Alfred?" Belarus asked. Alfred sighed. "I don't know...I'm used to it. The thing is, when Arthur, or England, raised me, he left me alone very often. One time, he left me so long he saw me as a child and came back to a grown man," Alfred chuckled at the thought. The look on Artie's face...

"France, who I consider my second father, takes more of a liking to my brother Canada, that's not a secret. I just kind of wished he and England called me once a month for things other than work. When I try calling either one of them, they immediately shut me down, complaining about the work they do," Alfred said. His throat was getting tight with emotion and almost stopped talking until Belarus place a hand on his. 

"You can talk about it, Alfred." She reassured. Alfred sighed and nodded in acknowledgment. "I understand they have work to do, just...they never made me feel like a son back then, can't they just try a little right now?" Alfred asked, no one in particular before continuing.

"And my brother Mathew? He's the one who's cared for me the most but I know I annoy him to bits. After all, one time he pointed out every single flaw I've ever had and have. I know he's the one that, even if he doesn't show it, can be the worst when he's mad. I've never forgotten he's ever there, something most countries do, but because I'm too stupid to say good morning to him every time I see him, he probably resents me because of it." Alfred paused, taking a shaky breath.

"Belarus, I just...I just feel bad. I feel bad because sometimes I think I've had to grow up too quick and that is the worst. I feel like a failure most of the time. I feel like I annoy everyone in my path and that if I wasn't so powerful, someone would have taken me down a long time ago," Alfred said before letting a tear slip. And then another.

Belarus cradled Alfred like a mother would...like his mother would before she faded. Belarus rocked him back in forth like a baby and slowly calmed him down. Before she knew it, Alfred had fallen asleep. 

She smiled at his soft snores as she set him down on a couch nearby. She wasn't as weak as some thought. Belarus covered him with a thin blanket and resumed her book, waiting for Viktor to come back.