Chapter 7: Glare.

Hey everyone!!!

Please don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter! (pwetty pleeeeease) Also I would be very thankful if you shared this story with all your friends and family to get it famous!!

I hope you enjoy this chapter!!!

***this chapter is STILL UNEDITED***

**********************************************************************************************

"Now, this is the exact same reason why I refused to get tangled in this bullshit," Zain said as he lowered himself from the tree branch to the forest ground. The strong muscles of his arm bulging underneath his jacket. He landed with a muffled thud.

"Will you keep it down?" Hailey hissed at him. She held a hand out to help me descend the tree.

We stayed tangled up in leaves, twigs and branches for what seemed like forever. Fear had rippled through each and every one of us at the sight of those weapons in the hands of professional killers. Staying in hiding for as long as possible was the smart option. Almost 6 hours judging by how night time had took over and now first light was peaking at the horizon. We couldn't risk it. The mercenaries were certainly an unexpected, not-pleasant surprise; however, they were the sign we needed to stay alert at all time. So we ended up getting the night's sleep as naps - interrupted naps that sent us on alert with every sign of movement or sound.

It has definitely rubbed off the wrong way on Zain.

"Keep it down?" He exclaimed with a quiet, rage-filled laugh, "Be quiet about what?" he held his arms out. "OH! YOU MEAN THIS CONTESTANT OVER HERE!!" He screamed out loud.

It definitely rubbed off in the most gruesome way.

Ever since the sun had started awakening, he didn't fail to surprise us with how creative his curse words could get. Mumbling obscenities, almost screaming at the heavens at some point.

With unbelievable swiftness, Hailey bent down, scooping up a fist-sized rock then chucking it in Zain's direction. Zain immediately ducked to avoid it.

"What? Don't pretend that her absence wouldn't be better for us!" He growled at his sister.

"No, it wouldn't!"

"Yes it will!"

Hailey stomped up to Zain. She looked up at him, meeting his eyes that towered above hers with a good few inches. "You shut the fuck up!" She hissed, jabbing her finger repeatedly in his chest. "We are not going to sacrifice her because of your uncontrollable distaste to everything! She is the only shot we have at staying alive for the next few decades and saving mom!"

Zain looked at Hailey for a few moments. His eyebrows were drawn together in concentration. He then threw his head back and let out a laugh. "You have completely lost your marbles!" He pretended to wipe a tear from his eyes. "I'm genuinely impressed at how you can believe that she can help us."

Every word he spoke about me was laced with heart-wrenching venom. My teeth ground together as I listened to him ramble on about how pathetic I was in his eyes.About every flaw in my physique that turned me into a weakling, an easy target. I believe the word-to-word comparison was, 'The child of the weakest couple in history of mankind can take her down with his toe'.

"I mean, look at how boney she is!" He pointed at me with a hand, not breaking eye-contact with Hailey as he made his opinion of me crystal clear. "You think she is capable of knocking out one of those mercenaries we just saw? How about the beasts the capital had set loose on their trail?"