Chapter 2: The King.

HEY READERS!!

HOW'S IT GOING?!
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE THIS BOOK (CHAPTER) WITH FRIENDS TO GET IT GOING!!

Love you all,
LJ (hopefully your favorite wattpad writer lmfao)

***this chapter is Edited***

************************************

There he sat.

The man who ruled the entire world, no exaggeration there.

King Jayden.

His head propped against his hand, fisted against his cheek, eyes down watching the pen he twirled around his fingers. Utterly uninterested and bored.

How can a man of such power, an entire planet under his command, look so... normal?

His posture, his facial expressions was normal. The only thing out of the ordinary was his attire: the golden crown resting on his head in the mess of wavy brown hair, the royal military jacket of dark black with silver accents and strapped to his shoulders with brooches the size of my hand – I was ready to bet everything that they were made of pure gold – was a red cape.

If this man didn't hold my entire life in his hands, in the most cruel, heartless way, I would have definitely called him handsome. My heart would have even jolted and begged for him. But this was not my mission. I had to make him hate me enough to send me home.

All of his features were perfectly sculpted, everything Hell-Bay girls drooled over – the whole world too, come to think of it. Defined jawline, wavy brown hair that complimented his skin, the hair was messy giving away how much he probably runs his hand through it.

All that be damned. He was a tyrant. An ignorant ruler who had left over a million people in Hell-Bay to rot, flies carrying diseases and what not roaming in every spot.

He sighed, his shoulders rising slightly then slumping down as he exhaled, spinning the pen on the table with long, strong fingers. "I hope that's all, Rowan. I am tired and I'd love to go back to the palace and get some rest." He didn't bother looking up. His voice screamed authority in every possible way even when he was not trying. It had commanded total submission.

Rest? My brain seethed. Rest while we are all dying here? One by one as death feeds off our miserable souls?

The guard that had let me in – Rowan – straightened before bowing low at the waist. "I thought your majesty knew who you will be interviewing today. You would have known there is still one left."

The King gave his pen another spin, its speed accelerating before he breathed out, "Well, pardon me, Rowan. I haven't had a proper hour of sleep for nearly two months now. I wasn't keeping track of who and how many I am interviewing. I just want to get it over with so I can leave." He stressed on the last sentence.

I tried not to roll my eyes at the arrogance or fist my hands in annoyance. I flattened my palms down on my red dress over my thighs as much as I can, trying to keep myself together.

"Apologies, your majesty." Rowan spoke from behind me. His hand still around my arm. I tried not to tug it out of his grip. "I understand that you are mourning the late Queen Roane. It must be difficult getting rest with much sorrow in your heart."

King Jayden stilled. His hand fall down, slamming over the spinning pen to hold it in place. I jumped slightly at the suddenness of it. He looked like he was trying to resist the urge to snap at Rowan for bringing up his dead wife. But on closer inspection, you would realize that he was holding his tongue from saying that he couldn't care less about what happened to Queen Roane.