Chapter 5: The Hell Twins.

Hey Everyone!!!!

I hope you like this chapter! Don't forget to vote (please please please), comment and share the story with your friends!!!!!!

***this chapter is EDITED***

*****************************************************************************************

"Hands where I can see them, bitch."

The tip of the arrow loomed behind my neck like a snake - a predator waiting to pounce on its prey. I could feel the heat of a body standing behind me, their breath quiet and controlled.

I cursed myself mentally for not noticing the presence of someone else with me in that rundown house.

Taking a small step back from the door – to stand up straight –, I lifted my hands up, next to my head, in surrender.

The adrenaline in my veins was uncontrollable just as my heart – racing wildly. I tried to hold my ground, look strong.

If you don't move, they won't be threatened to shoot you. Once they let their guard down for a moment, flee.

Chances of survival became so slim.

The voice of the cloaked kidnapper, Gregory, echoed through my head, 'she won't make it out of The District.'

My hands shook just as my knees grew weaker and were seconds away from shaking.

I am going to die.

Funny enough, I was not scared of dying, not anymore. Death is mercy compared to a life in doomed Hell-Bay, or months of being chased by attackers and whatnot, or a forced future with King Jayden. An arrow through the head would be a merciful death. I was just scared of the pain it might bring. Or if my attacker had a sadistic streak running through their DNA.

I just wish I had time to say goodbye to my parents.

The arrow pressed against the back of my neck gently, right over the scar that hid the chip in my head. I tried not to wince at the discomfort as I felt the chip shift slightly in my body. My stomach lurched with fear.

"Who are you?" A deep, husky, male voice spoke from behind me. The one who had demanded me to raise my hands. The wielder of the weapon. A man.

I swallowed, opening my mouth to speak; yet, nothing came out.

The arrow pressed harder against my neck when I didn't speak, pressing the chip further into my head. I shook at the sensation, my head pulsating with the pain.

"I asked you a question, bitch." The man raised his voice slightly. "Who the fuck are you?"

My vocal cords were not cooperating. The only voices coming out of my mouth were incoherent stammers.

A sigh sounded from behind me that sounded too soft to belong to the man's. "Zain, put the bow down. You're scaring her," A woman spoke. Her voice was soft, like gentle wind caressing your skin.

"I will not put the fucking bow down. Look at how she's dressed. She must be one of the contestants," The man, Zain, spat back at her.

"But what if she's our contestant." She emphasized the word 'our'.

My body shook wildly as I listened to their bickering behind me. I tried to control myself, to keep my limbs steady, to sway away from the arrow; however, worry took over; that one wrong move might get the metal tip to sink in my flesh.