Chapter 6: Thrill.

HEY GUYS!!!

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Don't forget to vote for it (please please *cries*), comment everywhere and SHARE IT EVERYWHERE *lots of hearts*

ENJOY!!

***this chapter is EDITED***

************************************************************************************************

One might think that survival would be more exciting, more exhilarating, more terrifying... apparently my imagination went a bit off track. That assumption came from the fact that absolutely nothing of that sort happened so far.

I couldn't tell whether I was relieved or somewhat disappointed that no surprises came into our way, no attackers, no other contestants... not even a squirrel crossed our paths this morning.

One might guess that the heavy rain that had occurred last night have driven everyone and everything into hiding or seeking shelter away from the frozen wind of the early morning mixed with spits of rain and thick mist which was possibly true.

But there was also the fact that most people took a commoner's train back to their sections at first-light when the storm was at its peak. Trains were no longer delayed or halted by weather after some serious technological advancements thanks to BerkemBang's people – the first section of evolution.

Those who stayed – whether it was to hunt down contestants or simply because the path to the train platform was too treasonous to take during heavy rain – left right after the rain had stopped, following the train tracks back to their homes. Attackers knew that the tracks would be the guide for the contestants and they also knew that a contestant will wait until the train is gone assuming that all danger has come to an end – for now – only to be struck down when least expected.

The chip in my head didn't vibrate. I took it as a sign that none of the contestants were found although I was still not convinced that the vibrating actually meant death.

Whatever had happened – or didn't happen for that matter – was far away from us. We have been walking through the forest in an unknown direction since the morning.

I didn't expect adventure to be this... boring.

I could remember clearly how that day started.

Rising up early in the morning, a scream lodged in my throat that I had swallowed down – refusing to let out, the same nightmare as before – that I was in the massacre - was now a reality. It took a few minutes to remember where I was, who I was with and what the hell was I wearing: the abandoned house in The District, with Hailey and Zain, wearing an uncomfortably tight, itching, short, sparkling dress.

A hooker's dress.

My head was throbbing with a headache. My legs – which are not used to the amount of running I've done last night – were screaming in agony. The thrum of adrenaline was long gone from my blood; however, the aftermath of it still lingered in me like a disgusting aftertaste.

My heart almost leaped out of my chest at the sound of a weapon loading. Snapping my head in the direction of the sound, I saw Zain cock an arrow in his crossbow, mind transfixed on the precise movements he was doing with ease that made me wonder how many times he had done it, how many things he had shot, possibly killed. Hailey was crouched down not far from where he stood, packing up their belongings in two bulging backpacks. Neither of them noticed I was awake yet.

Good.

The blazing sun was out, the light seeping in through the small rectangular window on the wall behind me. I shut my eyes, embracing the gentle heat on my face after days of being cold in the dark. When I opened them, I noticed how drastically different Hailey and Zain were than they appeared in the dark.