Letter 17

Dear Dad,

This will be my last letter to you. So I will try to make it lengthy haha.

Sarim and I got married a few days ago and are now spending our honey moon in Paris.

I believe the last time I wrote to you I was in university. I graduated about 4 years ago and got my doctoral degree.

I am now working as a Pediatric surgeon and to be honest it pays really good. I remember that time when I fell off of my bike and skinned my knee and I passed out from the little spots of blood surfacing. Now I open up people and am surroundedd by blood and it doesn't faze me.

I want you too know dad that I will miss you and even though I won't be writting you anymore, you will always be in my heart and that's what matters. I know that you wouldn't mind me starting my own life even though it means giving up writting you.

In a way I believe that I'm abandoning you but in all honesty I know that I am not. I need to worry about myself and begin to start a family with Sarim.

I wanted to say thank you for all of the Midnight kisses, always being understanding, singing me songs when I was sad, always taking time to be with me and mum, basically for just being yourself. You were one of the kindess people I will ever meet and I wish that you were here with me today so that you could meet your grandchildren whenever Allah graces us with children.

For most of my life I have blamed myself for your death. I thought that If I hadn't begged you for that signed poster you would be there singing me bedtime storys with mum humming the tune. But the truth is, I couldn't have changed what happened and it wasn't my fault. It was the man who took your life's fault. I guess that's what drinking and driving does to you. That man deserved his life sentence for not only ending your life, for ending mum's as well and causing me to grow up without a father. 

As I look back at my old letters to you I saw that I never really discussed the good things that happened even though there was plenty of great things that had happened to me. Even though it seemed as if parts of my family didn't want me I had Niall.

Uncle Niall never gave up on me even when I was being a little brat. Even though it seemed like Harry gave up on me he never did. I never took the time to realize that Harry was a young man himself that had to take care of a child. He needed to live his life and I wasn't helping him.

When I went to live with Louis and Eleanor I just kind of interupted their life style so having to take care of me on short notice wasn't easy for them. On top of that they had lost their first child.

Other than that dad I wanted to remind you that you will always be my father and I love you so much. I hope you are looking down on me and are proud of how I turned out.

Love you so so so much Daddy,

Em xx