Chapter 22

I know I'm late, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. We are sadly in the last chapter but all good things must come to an end.

Some time passed and Meryl and Cher were giving there all to leave the past behind them and live happy after what happened. During that time, they were both very busy since they had been very behind with work so neither of them saw each other that much. The couple obviously still in contact and they even took a break to be at Mamie's wedding at the end of that year. The media loved them and their colleagues were happy Cher and Meryl Streep were one of the most beloved couples of the entertaintment industry. The two women would spend every moment apart on the phone with each other. The moments together got to be very romantic between them at home. They spent their birthdays as a family and had a great time all together.

The day Mamie went into labor Cher and Meryl had both gone a week before to be there. Meryl's children were happy that their mother was finally able to openly be with the one she truly loved. Mamie was happy Cher was there, she loved her like a mother as well. That was why she asked Cher to be the godmother of her baby boy as well as the other grandmother when he was born. Cher was completely overwhelmed by this, of course she was honored to accept. Finally after the baby was born it felt like they had everything. Now it was november 2019 and Cher's and Meryl's 1 year wedding anniversary. They decided to travel where it all began, London.

They had dinner at the same restaurant Ol Parker reserved for the cast while shooting Mamma Mia. Meryl had already made the reservations and had an amazing view of the river Thames from where they were sitting.

"It's amazing, I can't believe this is where it all started. Us coming out and everything else from then on honestly" Meryl said

"Yeah, it's been quite a year for us but we did it together. More or less" Cher said giving a sad smile

"I know it had been difficult but you're right, we made it together" Meryl reached for Cher's hand "We finally have the life we always wanted. One where we could love each other without having to hide. It took us 37 years but it's happening and I'm beyond happy you are the woman I love and get to spend the rest of my life with"

Cher smiled "We definitely have been through a lot of things and have made a lot of mistakes this past year but we made it past them. I'm happy I have a woman like you in my life and happy that I get to call you mine as I am yours. I love you Mary Louise Streep"

"I love you too Cher" Meryl replied and leaned in to kiss her passionatelly. Both of them got to eat, talk and be romantic the entire time.

Once finished, Cher stood up "Come on baby, you are not the only one who arranged something tonight"

"Really Cher?" Meryl asked. Cher pulled her from her hand without saying a word and they walked through the dark streets of London "What are you up to?"

"I'm not telling you, it will ruin everything" They kept walking, enjoy their surroundings and the cool breeze that hit them. It was a half past 8pm, the start were shining and the city lights made the sidewalks look like a scene from a romantic movie. Cher kept Meryl occupied from asking questions by talking and making her laugh. Cher loved hearing her laugh

It was dark when they made a sudden stop in front of the now closed London Eye

"Wow, isn't it amazing? It's huge!!!" Meryl said looking up. Cher was looking at her in awe

"Yes it is and it's ours for the night" she said

Meryl looked confused "But it's closed"

Cher guided Meryl to one of the boxes where a worker was waiting for them with the door opened
"How did you manage to get them to leave it open for us?" Meryl asked

"Honey I'm Cher" they chuckled and Cher dragged Meryl inside.
Meryl giggled and got close to the side of the box as it moved upward. Cher got behind wrapping her arms around her tightly. Both enjoying the view

"London is beautiful at night" Meryl said breaking the silence

"Mmm yes, just like you my love" said Cher nuzzling Meryl's hair

"Oh look at Big ben" they had reached the point where big ben could be seen. It was lighted up with colorful rainbow lights that made the building pop up "It's really breathtaking" Meryl said looking up at her wife

"Look again" Cher whispered in her ear. When Meryl looked at the big clock tower building, the lights had changed. The building had a hologram that read "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" and right across the clock was her name in captions. Meryl was completely shocked and overwhelmed. Suddenly loud fireworks startled Meryl which made her gasped and look up but Cher hold her, there she saw the fireworks spell "I love you". Meryl was in tears now, her heart completely filled with love for her wife. She turned to face her and smiled, getting another smile in response.

Cher caressed her wife's face gently "I love you Meryl Streep and I'm looking forward to many more years by your side. Happy anniversary"

Meryl put her arms around Cher and she did the same "I love you too Cher, more than you can ever imagine. I would not have it any other way than to spent the rest of my years with you. Happy anniversary"

No words needed to be spoken after that, they just leaned in for a sweet and loving kiss. After all they had to overcome after 36 years, the two most iconic celebrities were finally out of hiding. Meryl Streep and Cher could show their ICONIC LOVE to the world.

                           THE END

Thank you for all the people that has read my story and loved it. I really love Cher and Meryl Streep so much. I'm thinking of dedicating my profile to Cher since there are not a lot of stories about her. Of course it will take time but I will write them. I love you all and thank you again for making ICONIC LOVE #1 on the rankings, it makes me really happy. Xx