Chapter 5

I'm sorry it took time but I had a little writers block. Plus, a ton of studying to do. I'll try and update every chance I get. Don't hate for this chapter please ;)

Everything was amazing in the remaining weeks of filming. They went to greece for the last scenes, it was beautiful and very romantic. Meryl and Cher were very professional at their job but now both of them were in the open. Among the cast anyway. Every chance they'd get, they would cuddle, kiss and tease each other on set without hiding it. The cast were all in awe seeing them so in love. In interviews they would remain as best friends whenever the person asked about them working together again. Obviously to the two icons, it was a different story.

The movie was finally finished and everybody in next few days flew to London for the premier the next morning. The day of the premier came and everybody was really excited. Also, Meryl had mixed emotions because after the premier she was flying back to Don. Back to sign the divorce papers so she could finally start preparing herself for what was coming, not only the press which worried her but at the same time she was happy to start planning her wedding with Cher.

That morning Meryl woke up first, she turned to see her fiancee still peacefully asleep with an arm around her, that made her heart burst with love for the woman. Cher was not a morning person and the premier was not until the afternoon so Meryl let her sleep. She careful stretched her hand to reach her phone, her smile grew when she saw the ring on her finger. It was really real and she could not believe it. Meryl picked up the phone to see the time, it was 8am, then she saw a message from Don and 4 from the whatsapp group she had with her kids. She opened the group first since her children always came before anyone else.

My Babies‍‍

Mamie: Mom I don't if you saw but if you did, I hope your ok.

Louisa: There's a time difference Mamie, she is not going to see it yet. Mom, when you do, try to stay calm.

She looked at the messages confused

Henry: Girls stop, she has to talk to dad first. Mom, please don't freak out on him. I'm sure you can face it when you come home. Don't let this change things with Cher. We support you two and are with you.

Ok now Meryl was scared, 'what's going on?' She asked herself. She saw Grace was the last message.

Grace: GUYS!!! Shut up and let her talk to dad. I'm sure everything will be fine. Henry is right though, don't let all this change anything. Just ignore the media.

Ok ok!! Now she was more nervous. She checked Don's message which said 'I screwed up, i'm sorry. We can fix it'

Immediately she googled Don Gummer and saw like ten different tabloids.

"Trouble in paradise for the Gummers"

"Is Meryl Streep getting divorce with long time husband Don Gummer?"

"Could it be the end of the greatest love affair?"

"Don Gummer, too calm about divorce rumors"

"No comments from the actress yet"

Meryl almost jump out of the bed but she carefully slipped out making Cher shift but not wake up. She sprinted to the balcony and made the call.

"Don what hell?!!!" She whispered

"I know, i'm sorry. It was an interview and they asked about you and it slipped, but at least I didn't say Cher's name or confirmed that the divorce was real or the reason" Don said