Chapter 10

Happy coming out day!!! For our icons in the story I mean... ;)

The separation was always sad for the couple especially now that they were married. Cher had to return to finish the tour which luckily was almost done. Meryl took this time to fly to New York to visit her kids, arrange some things, get a dress for the awards and she even had time to play a small part in the new Mary Poppins returns movie. She did that after seeing her children. They were all happy to see their mother and were constantly asking how it is to live with Cher. Meryl was amused by that and told them she was happy to feel so welcome, not getting too into detail obviously. She told about the Oscar nomination for both she and Cher and all four children were overjoyed. She also talked about their plan on coming out on the day of the awards. They group hugged their mother extremely proud.

In the remaining time Meryl spent in New York, she went with her daughters to get a dress. She had seen a beautiful gown in a magazine and wanted to find it there. She immediately fell for the dress by seeing it. It was a very delicate navy blue gown with shoulders uncovered. The one she wore last year but let's pretend she wore it for this instead

 The one she wore last year but let's pretend she wore it for this instead

7 months later, the day of the awards

Cher and Meryl were in separate rooms getting ready with the help of Georgia who was with Cher; Georganne was with Meryl and a couple of makeup artist each. They had made a promise when each returned home that neither would tell the other what the other was going to wear so they would be surprise.

"Stop shaking, this isn't like you. You're not letting the crew finish your makeup" Georgia said to Cher. She was wearing a long-sleeve one shoulder, bell pants metallic silver jumpsuit covered in sparkles and a blonde short hair wig. 

Here is a similar idea of the outfit I imagined. You might know the wig Cher wears from the Dancing Queen album cover.

 You might know the wig Cher wears from the Dancing Queen album cover

"Sorry it's just that I'm really nervous. I haven't been this nervous since my almost date with Elvis Presley, which it was just as a big fan, and still I don't know what she's wearing" Cher said desperate