You Found Me - Chapter Twenty-Two.

A/N; here's where things start to pick up! long chapter yay.(: dedicated to a good friend of mine who I need to start talking to again because my stupid computer wasn't sending my replies back. (: xx

"Are you sure you don't want to borrow anything?" Lucy asked in disbelief.

The next morning had come more quickly than I had expected, and Lucy seemed to be overreacting to my day with Niall that was yet to come. In the past twenty minutes, she had dumped out practically her entire closet, trying to set out something to wear for herself when she decided that my need was "much greater than her own." Since then, I had been trying, to no avail, to convince her that I was fine in just shorts and a t-shirt.

"It's fine, Lucy," I assured her calmly, searching through my jewelry box for my earrings. My fingers hesitated on my mother's golden chain. I bit my lip. It worried me more than I let on about who had sent it. Sure, Lucy was right-- It could've been my father. But it could've also been...

No. That's crazy.

I shook my head and let the chain slide back into the box as Lucy prattled on about how excited she was for me.

"We're just going to get coffee, Lucy-- it's not like we're getting married," I said icily. Lucy rolled her eyes.

"Fine, don't let me be happy," she snapped as her phone chimed with a message. "Ooh, they're here!" She didn't even bother to check the message as she ran downstairs, a spring in her step. I heard the door open and double-checked my outfit in the mirror. I felt a surge of self-conciousness. Was Lucy right? Did I really look too...casual? I took in my shorts, gray hoodie, and red Converse, as well as my hair that was tied up in a messy ponytail. Even if she was right...it was too late to change now. They were already here.

I heard Lucy's squeal of happy surprise and raised my eyebrows. What could she possibly be surprised about? This had totally been planned. I closed my closet and my bedroom door and made my way downstairs, trying to make it look like I was in no hurry at all, even though my heart was thudding in my chest. A thousand thoughts flew through my mind, until I reached the bottom of the stairs and saw his face.

He was standing next to Zayn, laughing about something that had probably happened on the car ride over. His blue eyes sparkled with assurance and he looked calm and at ease. Just watching him settled my beating chest, though my heart ached to be next to him. He turned and as he saw me he smiled and gave me a half-wave. I blushed and waved back, relieved that he, too was wearing a casual gray hoodie, and a pair of dark-wash jeans.

And then I saw why Lucy was so happy.

Standing next to the boys in the doorway was none other than Josh Devine himself. Lucy had flung her arms around him, and Harry had pointedly looked away. To console him, Lucy gave him a hug, too, which made me smile. Maybe things were finally getting back to the way they should be.

"You all ready?"

Liam made his way through the fray of people, a baseball cap covering his eyes. Everyone murmered in assent, and followed Liam out of the front door, waving good-bye-- gone as quickly as they had come.

And then it was just me and Niall in the entranceway of the house. I smiled at him and shrugged.

"So..." I bit my bottom lip.

"Hello," he said, grinning as well. "So, I found this adorable coffee shop around the corner. It's literally the cutest place I've ever seen in my entire life."

"Let's hit it," I said jokingly, following him outside.

"You're so lame," he teased, nudging my shoulder.