You Found Me - Chapter Twenty.

A/N; sorry for the late update. i've had swimming championships all month, and two hour practices every day. Here's your chapter (: I'm thinking there'll be maybe ten more after this. Don't forget to vote for this story in the 1DNommieAwards! It's under Best Niall Fanfic.

Also; if you like Harry Potter fanfictions, make sure to go check out my friend @calibelle_xo (I dedicated to her, so go read her stories!) & her new fanfic The Girl with the Autumn Eyes. I'm freaking obsessed with her writing style.

love you. (x bye. xx

The house - I felt more comfortable calling it that - spanned across a large amount of the street, and was two houses joined together. It was darkly painted, so that on a rainy day a person wouldn't pay much attention to it, but the windows were glossy and the size of walls, while the fence around it gave it a sense of home. It was made of original pieces that you wouldn't suppose would fit together, but did so effortlessly. It was absolutely perfect.

How could they have gotten it so right? I was impressed. It sure wasn't my old beachfront cottage, but it would definitely do.

"Huh," Lucy said, jolting me from my thoughts. "I expected something more decorative. They are ultra-famous after all."

"Lucy!" I smacked her. "Don't even talk. I love it."

"You do?" Lucy wrinkled her eyebrows. "It's alright, I guess. I mean, we won't be here too much, right?"

My confusion obviously showed in my features because Lucy rushed to explain. "We're going to be out a lot. We'll just come back here to, y'know, sleep and stuff."

"I guess," I said, biting my lip. Considering that I wasn't a very "Hey! Let's-go-outdoors" kind of person, this set me off. 

I know. I'm just boring.

We walked through the gate and up to the front door. I noticed the grass in the yard was flourishing, no doubt because of the heavy rainfall. As I slipped my key into the door, I noticed a small piece of paper tucked under a potted flower. Curious, I unfolded it and read,

Thought you might like this.

Attatched to the letter was a small, golden chain. My heart pounded as the metal sifted through my fingers. I looked around the note for any sign of a signature, but there was none.

Who was this? And...how did they get this?

"Allie, what's that?" Lucy asked, watching me carefully. She eyed the chain necklace. "Oooh, that's pretty. When'd you get that?"

"It was my mother's," I whispered, unable to believe it. "I...I don't understand. Who-"

"How'd that happen?' Lucy asked, slightly amused. I glared at her and she sighed. "Allie, you're overrreacting. It wasn't anything threatening, so don't worry about it. I'm just-"

"Lucy, they know where we live," I told her, as if speaking to a baby.

Lucy hesitated. "I know what you're thinking."

"It could be!" I narrowed my eyes. "You don't know that my dad didn't send this, Lucy, he's the only reasonable suspect-"

"Yeah, but the reasonable suspect isn't always the one who did it," Lucy reasoned.

"This isn't Scooby-Doo, Lucy! If there's good, hard evidence against someone, then they did!" I pushed open the door and was momentarily comforted by the inside of the house. It looked cozy and modern at the same time, and I knew I could get used to this.

"C'mon. First one upstairs gets the biggest bedroom." Lucy smiled slightly and I shook my head.

"I get a head start," I told her, hiding a grin. Before she could respond, I tore up the hardwood steps towards the bedrooms.

"Hey!" I heard her call from downstairs, and she raced up after me. Quickly, I opened a door and sat down my things on the large, comfortable bed.

"No fair," Lucy panted as she rounded the corner. "I...I want a rematch."

"So you want to lose again?" I taunted, laying down sprawled out onto the comforter.

"Ha, ha. I hate you, y'know that?" Lucy turned and stormed out of the room into the one across the hallway. I sat up and looked out the large window at the street below. Cars rushed by and people hurried along, not even paying attention to the double house that seemed to rise up out of nowhere. The view was, admittedly, fantastic. sure, it didn't look over the ocean, but it was pretty great.

"Yes! This room's bigger!" I heard Lucy call from the other side of the hallway and I just laughed. To be honest, I couldn't care less.

My phone buzzed loudly and obnoxiously in my pocket and I took it out, examining it closely.

One New Message From: Liam Payne.

hey we just finished + well be over at ur place in 10.

Grinning, I replied.

To: Liam Payne.

sounds great! thanks for the place btw, its awesome xx

Niall's POV;

This press thing sucked.

All we did pretty much the whole time was sit around while they asked us random questions that had absolutely nothing to do with anything except for killing time. After the third time the interviewer asked us what our favorite cereal was, someone kicked her out and she was replaced with a lady who reminded me awkwardly of Rita Skeeter from Harry Potter. She had short-cropped blonde hair and cat-eye glasses, and looked to be about forty years old, but it seemed like she'd gone through failed procedures to make her look younger. All she was missing was the magic quill.

"Hello boys!" she said cheerfully. Her voice was high and nasally and made my stomach curl. "Interns, you know, not good at interviews. But let me assure you, this will be much more fun."

"Can't wait," Louis said dryly. Harry snickered.

"First off, how old are the lot of you?" she asked, taking up her pen. If the people reading this don't know our ages now, they obviously weren't meant to, I thought irritably.

"Liam, Niall and I are eighteen, Zayn's nineteen and Louis' twenty," Harry announced, picking at his cuticles and not looking interested at all. It seemed like he was thinking the same thing.

"Lovely, lovely," said the lady, as if she were just getting started. "And you all have special girls in your life, yes?"

Liam, Zayn and Louis nodded, Harry shook his head and I did nothing. She should've rephrased the question better; I do have a 'special girl' in my life, but definitely not a girlfriend.

"Oooh, pray tell," she said winking. I shivered. Ew.

"Zayn, Louis and I have girlfriends, and the other two are single," Liam said, as if this were the most simple thing in the world. "You know, I think we'd best be off; we've been here far too long and we have something to do."

I was taken aback. That was oddly out of character for Liam to say.

The lady looked curious. "But we've only just begun! I had so much more to learn about you."

'That's what she said'. Hah. Creepy.

No one else said anything as we all waved her a hasty good-bye. I felt the need to rub it in and said, "Too bad you couldn't ask us anything else. But you know, we hate to intrude."

The lady turned to smile at me in a sinister, scary sort of way. I felt my blood freeze. "Oh, I wouldn't be so cheeky if I were you. I know a lot more than you think." She winked and the door shut between us.