You Found Me - Chapter Four

I looked around cautiously, making sure no one had saw me pick up Harry's phone. Glad that no one had paid me any attention, I slipped the phone into my back pocket and walked over to the security guard standing in front of the back stage entrance. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before facing him. This was going to take some serious acting skill, which I didn't have, to make it past this guy. I opened my eyes, put on a semi-convinving confident grin and strolled over to stand next to the security guard.

"Um, excuse me, sir?" I fumbled over awkwardly. "I...I have to give something to someone backstage."

The guard raised his eyebrows and looked me up and down. Then, slowly, he shook his head. "Sorry miss, no fans are allowed backstage before the performance without a pass."

I shrugged. "I'm not even a fan. I just need to give Harry Styles his phone back." I held the phone up for the guard to see.

"Nice try." He winked and turned back around. I glared at his back. Dammit. Time for Plan B. My vision blurred as I realized; this was my only chance to talk to Niall. If I blew this...well, I couldn't blow this. 

"Ohmigosh. They're back there!" a girl behind me whispered. She and someone beside her screamed obnoxiously. "I love them so much! Ahhhh!" A lightbulb went off in my head as I heard the two girls. I bit my lip, trying to channel my inner rebel.

"Hey." I turned around and looked at the girl. She was a strawberry blonde, who looked about fourteen or so, and she stood next to her tall black-haired friend. She was chewing gum loudly and trying to capture a picture of the stage from where she stood. "He's not looking. Go ahead. I know you want to see One Direction." I tried to be as convincing as I could but, sadly, as far as acting goes, I'm about as good as the average fish.

The strawberry blonde popped her gum. "We'd get caught, obviously. Not worth it."

"Who are you, anyway?" the black-haired girl piped up. "Do you want us to get kicked out?" She crossed her arms over her chest.

"I don't. Not at all, actually. I just can't stand listening to you two fangirl; it's annoying," I lied, twirling a lock of blonde hair around my index finger. "I bet you couldn't get in anyway. I shouldn't have brought it up. You are just children after all."

The strawberry blonde made a face. "Uhm, excuse you. You'll see, bitch. Come on, Olivia." The black-haired girl, Olivia, followed the strawberry blonde back over to the security guard. Strawberry stood behind him and Olivia took the front.

"Oh. Ehm. Gee. Are One-Dee really back there?" Olivia fanned her cheeks wildly. I snickered.

The security guard crossed his arms over his chest and gave Olivia a sympathetic look, yet his voice was firm. "Take ten steps back. No one's allowed near the stage."

"But I wanna go see them!" Olivia protested, her eyes filling with tears. She stomped her foot and let out a blood-curtling scream. The security guard winced and put his hands over his ears. At that moment, Strawberry saw her opportunity and slipped by the guard, racing down the backstage hallway.

"Hey!" the security guard chased after her, and Olivia followed, splitting of into a different direction.

Yes. I grinned. It worked!

Carefully, I took off after Olivia, Harry's phone carefully secured in my pocket. As I rounded the corner, I breathed a sigh of relief.

Now... to find the boys.

Just as I was deliberating my ideas, I turned around and found myself face to face with the security guard.

"Crap,"  I mumbled under my breath. The security guard's face was pulled back in a sneer. He reached out to grab my arm, but I flinched backward. Without thinking, I ran. I ran as fast as I could, my heart racing and my eyes wide. Only one clear thought formed in my head.