The Big Day

Enjoy and remember to vote and comment!

Zahra's POV

I gazed at the picture in the mirror. Yes picture. Not reflection. Because this couldn't possibly be a reflection of me. This person in the mirror looked nothing like me! She couldn't possibly be me! I felt like I was looking into someone else's life. Not mine. This supposedly happy girl who was getting married today.

She looked beautiful. Long flowing white dress. Her hair all done up in a one with flowers adorning the neat bun on her head. Her makeup exquisitely done. Smooth chocolate brown face and rosy red lips. She was just stunning. All dolled up ready for her wedding! She looked so happy!

But she wasn't.

She thought she was... she tried convincing herself she was... but she truly isn't. And this confused girl... unfortunately was me.

I stared into my own eyes. Looking into what was just emptiness.

"Two more minutes!" Gabby sung as she entered the dressing room.

"Uh huh" I answered with a blank expression on my face.

"Wedding jitters?" she asked sweetly.

"I hope so."

"Hmmm."

"Can I just have a minute again alone please, stay Gabby." I said. Everyone else who was busily preparing themselves, brides- maid and ring carriers evacuated the room leaving my sister and me in peace.

"You okay?" 

"Yup! Just those jitters that's all." I said pushing the ominous feelings I had in my stomach out. “Can you help my put on my veil?"

"Sure!" she said joyously taking the vial from my hand and fixing it onto my head. "You sure you okay babe?"

"Yup!"

"Honey, just make sure you're making the right choice okay. Because it's you who will have to live with this choice for the rest of your life."

"I know everything is good. Don't worry!" I said smiling at her.

"Okay!" she said as the pulled the veil over my head. "It's time!"

"Can you please hold my hand?"

"Sure big sis!"She took hold of my hands and guided me out the room.

We stood in the back of the well decorated church. It seemed like millions of people were in the church. Most, I didn't even know! Must havebeed friends of the Reed family.All the pews in the church were beautifully decorated with pink and green ribbons with roses placed ate the edge of each pew. There was a long red carpet leading up to the alter where the Priest and Cassey stood.

Cassey had on a black suit with a white shirt inside with a rose placed in his left handkerchief pocket. He looked nervous.

Then suddenly everyone in the church arose and looked to the back and our wedding song began to play. First the bride's maid and groom's men slowly walked towards the altar. The men all in black suits with pink shirts and a pink lily in thier hand kerchief pockets and women in long pink silk dresses with their hair left down.

Then followed the best man and maid of honor. Cian and best man, Cassey’s best friend walked down the aisle. Her in a hot pink frilly strap less long dress and him in an all black suit with a pink shirt and a lily also in his handkerchief pocket.

Afterwards Cassey's little nephew and niece walked down the aisle. She, as the flower girl scattering white rose petals, out of a basket, at the start on the ground and as she got nearer to the alter she began to through red roses, showing the change of friendship into much more.. LOVE. And his nephew as the ring bearer, carrying both rings in a white pillow.

Now it was my turn to trail down the aisle. My sister was carrying me down the aisle since my mother wasn't alive and I never knew my father. I was happy she was there. She squeezed my hands as me slowly glided down the aisle. The closer I got the faster my heart started to beat. I swore everyone could have heard the loud pounding in my heart.

Finally we reached by the isle and Gabby kissed me on my cheek and stood on the side of me.

"Dearly beloved, we gather here today to witness the holy matrimony of Zahra Trishon and Cassey Reed." The priest continued to speak but I zoned out on him.

I stared at Cassey then glimpsed out to the audience in the church. Some people looked on at us happily while others frowned. I looked at Ms. Reed. She looked really upset. I could tell she really didn't want to be here. Why would she? She didn't like me and didn't want her son marrying me in the first place.

I looked at my Cian. She smiled at me and showed me thumbs up. I tried to smile back bu I could't. Why not? Because I didn't have a reason to. She sensed the negativityt in my mind and frowned.

I started to feel a pain in my chest. A pain mixed with guilt and sadness. It hurt. It hurt badly. Why was I feeling this way? Today was my wedding day! I was getting married to the man I lo_. The man I lo_. Why can't I say it? Why can't I say I love him?

Because you don't stupid! My conscience shouted back at me. What do you mean I don't? I answered back. But my conscience didn't need to answer me. Because I already knew the answer. Because I really didn't!

All this feelings I thought I had for him wasn't really. It was just my imagination and my getting caught up in his looks and how he treats me. USED to treat me.Zahra what are you doing! This man doesn't even love you and you don't even love him. Why are you marrying him?! What madness are you doing?

Cian then mouthed "Do what's right". Do what's right! I repeated in my head. Do what's right.

"Zahra?" I heard Cassey whisper snapping me out of my thought.

"Uh?" I said regaining consciousness.

"The man asked you something."

"Repeat please." 

"Do you take Cassey to be your loving husband? To have and to hold. Through sickness and in health. In better or worse? In rich or poor?" the priest stated.

The church was silent. I could hear every breath I took and released. I looked into Cassey's eyes as if to find my answer." Y-Y-Y-"

"Say it!" Cassey whispered.

"Y-Y-Y-Ye"

"Uh huh" he urged me. I could tell everyone in the church were at the edge of their seat waiting for me to answer.

Thanks for reading! You will find our Zahra's answer soon!!!!! :) Remember to comment and vote!!!