Chapter 1

Valentina's POV

"Why are we making this stupid deal again?" Tyler asked. Our parents sighed in unison while I tried to keep my calm. My brother had asked the same question at least twenty times since he heard about the deal.

"Because it is the only option," my father answered patiently. I didn't really understand why Ty kept asking. He always got the same answer every time, after all. Still, he kept asking, my father kept answering, and I turned more and more nervous every time. The drive was long enough without my brother repeating himself all the time.

"Tyler, please just shut up!" I snapped five minutes later, when my brother was about to open his mouth again. He closed his mouth and gave me a confused glare. I usually didn't scream at him. I mean, I was sixteen and he was 67, even though he seemed to be just a few years older than me. It was one of the bright sides of being a vampire. We didn't age after turning eighteen.

"Look" I tried to explain driving a hand through my hair to calm my nerves. "I know you don't like werewolves very much, but you're just making my nervous with the constant questions,"

Werewolves. Our sworn enemies. And now we were going to make a deal with them. A peace contract, more accurately. Vampires and werewolves had never really gotten along, and we were usually fighting each other, but currently my father had a desperate need for peace and allies.

A few years ago, vampire hunters had become a real problem for our father, the king of the vampires in our area. The only way to get rid of the hunters was to track them down and slaughter them one by one, but with the werewolves close by it was difficult, if not impossible. The hunters had a nasty habit of running into wolf territory where we couldn't follow them without being ripped to shreds by the pack.

The werewolves had another problem. Our neighbors, The Bloody Moon pack, (sounded like someone on their period), was at war with another pack. Something about old rivalry and a new, aggressive alpha.

In response to these circumstances, my father had decided to make a deal with the werewolves. We would start a friendship with the bloody pack, (sorry, bloody moon pack,) which would allow our fighters to freely cross the border between the territories. The problem was what that we had no idea about what the werewolves wanted in return, which was why we were currently driving towards the traditional negotiation place.

"Remember that we really need this deal," our father said, while finding a parking spot for our black limo. Normally he would have gotten one of our servants to drive the car, but the werewolves had made it clear that they only wanted to talk to the family.

"And we're not going to blow it up with being rude," Tyler finished in a perfect imitation of our father's voice. Our father frowned for a moment, before he smiled at him. "I guess you've gotten my point" he said, before he led the way into the house.

The building was old, but prideful. It had been a meeting place for the vampires and the Bloody Moon pack for generations. (Well, generations for the werewolves at least. My father had ruled in the area during the last two centuries.)

"Hey, I forgot that this is going to be your first meeting, Val," Tyler said, and smiled at me. He had obviously noticed my curious glare around me, while we walked through the house.

I just nodded without saying anything. I was much more nervous than I would like to admit.

"It's gonna be fine," he promised, and kissed my forehead gently. "Just smile your cute little smile, and only talk when spoken to," he continued, and messed up my hair, while talking.

I pushed him away, and tried desperately to fix my hair, while he was laughing at me. We passed a mirror in one of the corridors, but it was too high up on the wall to be of any use for me, and if I lifted it down Tyler would certainly laugh at me.

The meeting room itself was cozy, with several comfortable chairs and a rather informal table. The atmosphere made me relax and I couldn't help wonder why I had felt nervous. Or, at least I felt relaxed until the door opened, and the wolves entered.

I'd never met a werewolf before in my entire life. I knew my brother didn't like wolves, but that was about it. Nobody had ever taught me about them. I didn't need to know. Still, I had always imagined them as wild creatures, acting more like animals than humans. You could say I got a bit surprised when I met them and realized they were regular people with a supernatural side, just like us.

First to enter the room was the alpha. He had that kind of authority around him that I associated with my father. I would have known him for a leader anywhere.

The alpha was followed by his wife. She was beautiful, and had a calmness about her that seemed to affect her husband. The way she looked at her alpha made it clear that she loved him more than anything else in the world.

"Robert" the alpha greeted, and shook my father's hand.

"Scott" he answered, and actually shook back. Vampires didn't really do the whole hand shaking thing, but it would be ridiculous to make a fuss about a detail like that.

"I see you brought your lovely Rose along" Scott continued, and nodded towards my mother, before he set his eyes at me and Tyler. "And the children, of course!"

My father was about to say something, (probably a lot of more polite small talk), when the door burst open again, and two boys came running in. One of them would change my life forever.

The shortest of the brothers seemed to be around fifteen, and he had blonde hair and blue eyes, in difference from rest of his family who were all dark haired. He couldn't be described as anything but cute, but despite his good looks, it was the other boy who really caught my attention.

He was tall, with dark hair and chocolate brown eyes. His skin tanned, and he couldn't be described as anything but buff. I instantly knew that the word gorgeous would have a new meaning from now on. Yet, the most remarkable thing about him was the way he looked at me, like I was someone he had been waiting for his entire life. I frowned slightly and wondered if I should say something, but he spoke before I had the chance to make up my mind.

"Mate" he said, (or more like growled), while he glared at me with those gorgeous eyes.

I'd never expected such a small word to give such a huge reaction, but it did. My mother gasped in surprise while my father looked as though someone had just slapped him. The boy's parents spun around, and looked at their son as though he had just proposed to a corpse, (which would have upset me if I had had a slightest idea what a mate was.)

"Really Conner, a vampire?" his brother asked. He looked more amused than anything else. Conner turned for a second so he could give his brother the death glare, before he looked at me again. He took a step forwards, which made Tyler react in a rather stupid way.

To understand the next thing that happened, you need to realize that Tyler isn't a grown up. Yes, he is pretty old, but he turned immortal when he was eighteen, (like everyone who is born a vampire do), which meant he was still a teenager. And, like every big brother ever, he turned on his overprotectiveness at the most unfitting moment ever.

Tyler pushed me behind him, and gave the werewolf what I suspected was a murderous glare. "You better stay the hell away from her!" he snarled.

Conner reacted faster than I had thought possible. He kicked Tyler out of the way with a fancy maneuver that sent him crashing into a wall, without breaking a sweat. I wanted to ask him what the hell he thought he was doing, but before I had time to react he had pushed me against the wall and kissed me fiercely.

Yeah. This is my first story on Wattpad, so please tell me what you think!

Sorry for moving forward so fast, but I just wanted it to be some action in the first chapter, and not just some lame and slow introduction.

English is my second language, btw, so I guess you will have to live with some grammar mistakes, and stuff like that.

Thank you for reading!