Painted Flowers

{A/n SONG: For mega-watt feels, listen to 'Painting flowers' by AllT ime Low.}

I didn't come out of the back room until Calum assured me Ashton had left.

When I finally opened the door my still burning eyes were met with a very concerned looking Calum Hood.

"Oh Luke...." He said pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

I tried to fight a second wave of tears but I just don't have the strength to do so anymore.

"Shhhh...It's okay....shhhhhh." He whispered into my ear soothingly.

I hiccuped, gripping Calum like he's the only thing keeping on this world.

"Why'd he have to do that?" I say.

"I don't know..."

"I miss him...I miss him so fucking much Cal." The sobs were slowly starting to fade.

Calum was rocking us back and forth rubbing my back softly trying to calm me down.

Some minutes later I had stopped crying and was just rocking back and forth with Cal.

"Look, why don't you just go home...I'll cover for you." he said pulling back from the hug.

I just nod sniffling. Calum grabs my jacket and keys then shoos me out of the room and towards the front door.

When we get outside he opens my door for me.

"Go home and get some sleep..." he says in almost a whisper.

"Thank you, Cal...for everything." I say sincerely.

"It's nothing call...like I said go to bed, get some rest. You'll feel better..."

No I won't... not when all I can dream of is him...

"Mhmm, I will." I say as I start up my car and put it in gear.

I say my final goodbyes to Calum and reverse out of the parking lot.

The radio was on a random channel and the radio host was talking. I was about to change the channel before I heard...

"This next song was requested By, Ashley? No ASHTON Clifford," he says, and then a familiar song was filling the speakers..

Our song...

Fuck you... fuck me... fuck this... fuck life... And two friendly fucks to Alex Gaskarth because his beautiful voice is flowing through the car as I speak.

"Strange Maze... what is this place?

I hear voices over my shoulder,

nothing's making sense at all...

wonder why do we race?...

When every day we're running in circles...

such a funny way to fall...

try to open up my eyes are open for a chance to make it all right...

He used to sing the chorus to me when we would cuddle up in his bed. Countless times I've fallen asleep to the sound of his voice...

"When I wake up,

The dream isn't done.

I wanna see your face,

And know I made it home.

If nothing is true,

What more can I do?

I am still painting flowers for you...."

The song makes me want to cry again but I don't, more like I can't. I pull over to the side of the road until the song is over and once it is, I get home as soon as possible...

I climb the steps and frown at the single flower at the door step. I crouch down and pick it up.

The red paint on it is still wet....

Bravo Ashton....Bravo...

I read the tag.

"Please...can we talk sometime...-Ash"

I shook my head 'No' even though no one was around to see my response.

I tossed the flower into the dumpster...

It's gonna take a lot more than cheesy fucking flowers Ashton...I thought to myself as I opened the front door.

Mom and Dad are at work and my brothers are out with friends. So it's just me.

I figure I might as well do what Calum said and try to sleep.

When I get to my room I fall lazily into my bed and close my eyes. I'm exhausted...

Everything seemed to happen all at once today.

It's only noon, I heave out a sigh and slowly but surely let sleep overcome me.

Ashton's POV

I'm driving to Calum's house to drop off the flower when I get an idea.... I call in and request our song.

After I set the flower down I go get in my car, but I don't want to leave just yet.

I park across the street and wait.

Pretty soon I see Calum drive up in his junked up car and get out. He gets all of his stuff and makes his way towards the house but he stops at the porch.

I smirk as he picks up the rose I laid for him.

The next thing surprises me...he just throws it away like nothing happened and goes inside.

My eyebrows furrow....

How rude.....

I start up my car and pull away, thinking up more ideas to win him back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've narrowed down the nicknames to

1. My little pickles.....idek why, I just love pickles...

2. Tater tots...it's a thing I have going

3. my little baby kangaroos/ koalas...

4. my sunshines! :) something happy!

You can comment the number you like the best, and I will see you lovlies next week for another update! Until then, stay as fucking fantastic as usual!

KylieShea