11

HI THIS WASN'T PLANNED AT ALL HAPPY NEW YEAR. NEW YEAR SAME SHITTY ME ENJOY.

x

Rosalie pushed the gold key into its matching lock, and stepped into Romans room. He was face down on his bed, fully clothed and foul-smelling. She momentarily wondered if he was still breathing, but the sight of a drool pool and irregular snores proved otherwise. She gathered all that she left behind when she stormed off yesterday, and took a shower in Roman's bathroom. She slept in his room, too. She was too scared to wander the halls alone again, so she chose to sleep on a comfy arm chair that was wide enough for her curl up comfortably in.

She'd been up for hours, bored. When she heard people in the hallways, she mustered up the nerve to venture out since there were several people walking the corridors. She was still wary, though. She wouldn't know what she would do if she encountered that man again, and it only made her hurry past people who were slow and still recovering from sleep.

She changed clothes, braided her hair and grabbed a book before returning to his room where he still slept.

She enjoyed his presence despite his state of awareness. He was unbelievably awkward and adorable, she realized. His lanky frame seemed to become his enemy once alcohol became involved. Something he proved when he woke up to stick his face in the toilet. After he'd disposed his body of what gave him temporary hapiness, long arms wrapped around her while long legs struggled to remain locked in place. Skinny but sure fingers gripped her shoulders only to hold her back while his happy eyes examined her. Giggly exchanges and playful pushes.

He was still a little boy on the inside.

Someone who struggled to find joy in everyday things that should have been cherished since birth. He had earler claimed that he enjoyed silence and solitude, but he didn't seem to despise her when he mistook her attempt to get him to sit for a friendly hug. One that lasted a whole minute while he swayed her.

She smiled, ready for another shot at waking him up. She wasn't looking forward to smelling his most likely foul breath or hearing his groans for her to go away. She didn't want that.

It was past breakfast, and she had already tried to wake him up on an empty and aching stomach hours ago. All of her attempts were futile, until someone elses were helpful. A loud knock travelled thcrough the room, and Roman moaned.

Rosalie quietly repeated his name with each step as the space between them became less and less. "Roman, go get that." Rosalie's whispers only prompted him to bury his face into the bed, and turn away from her.

The knocks continued, the guest growing impatient and Roman growing frustrated. Rosalie finally decided to answer the door, the consistant sounds were annoying. She didn't want to, because just the thought of how she'd look answering Romans door frightened her.

With a hestitant hand and a violent heartbeat, the door swung open, and Rosalies fingers continued to grip the door until a woman walked right through her arm and into the room. Rosie's wrist was gripped by her other hand in an attempt to rub away the mild pain from the intruder. She stared at the woman, who stared at her. There was no resemblance between Roman and this woman, but she knew that the two were related. They both held the same aura of sophistication and disdain. She didn't appear surprised that there was a girl in her sons room, but she easily became irritated when Rosalie introduced herself with a blush. Rosalie knew what this woman was thinking.

His mother rolled her eyes, "Dear, if you're a slut at least own up to it. I always did." Rosalie stared, stunned. She couldn't find it in herself to muster up a response. Luckily, she didn't have to.

"Dammit, Olivia, what do you want?" Rosalie hadn't seen Roman sit up and glare groggy eyes at his mother.

Romans mother, Olivia, smiled at him, "I want to have lunch with you."

Rosalie immediately felt disappointed, she had hoped that she could have breakfast with Roman. Whether or not it was noon didn't matter. She woke up feeling happy, because after last night she had told herself that she and Roman needed each other. Maybe just not today.

Roman didn't hesitate for a moment to decline her offer, rudely too. Olivia frowned, her wrinkles revealing themselves as she squinted scrutinizing eyes at him. She quickly compromised for dinner, leaving before Roman could agree.

He didn't bid her a goodbye or spare the door a single glance before he fell back onto the bed, folding the fluffy comforter around his body. "Don't pay her any mind. You're not a tramp, Rosie. My mother is just callous. I don't think she's ever felt anything other than superiority."

Despite the encounter, she was glad that Roman had cared enough to say something in order to bring her a piece of mind and a little comfort.

"Is that classified as an emotion?"

"I'm not sure, but either way it's an insult.."

"What time is it?"

"It's almost twelve o' clock."

"I'm still tired." Roman rolled back over on his stomach, pressing his face into the fluff of a duvet.

"Please don't fall asleep again, you won't sleep tonight. Plus, I'd think you would need some food after last night."

He turned his head to the side, cheek squashed flat like a childs.

"Fine. Only because I need to talk to you."

Rosie was intimidated by that statement, and it hadn't been the first time she was cautious of Roman. Either way, she made her way to Roman and began helping him to the bathroom. "Friends don't let friends starve, become smelly, and lose sleep."

"Are you my friend, Rosalie Pierce?"

"I am, Roman Godfrey. You don't have a choice either."

He transferred his weight from her to the sink, with a smile on his face. She hurried out with a demand to wash up.

"My, Miss Pierce."

x

I won't apologize because they are shit but this school year has fucked me up. Hopefully this next summer I can focus on writing because I miss it so much.
BUT ANYWAY, this is pretty rough, errors and all. Point them out, and I'll correct them! I'll come back and rearrange stuff around. I usually write it, edit it, and read it like ten times for about two days so I can catch errors and think on it some. That didn't happen this time, oops. If it seems weird and rushed, it's because it is.