07

Rosalie had only bathed twice since the first night on the ship. The first was on the second night, after she returned from her exploring. By the time she readied her things, people were long since asleep.

She also had not come across the unsettling man who helped her find her cabin. She was grateful for that. The only men that seemed to take interest in her were the older, grimy scum that had lost all pride through the unfortunate events of their lives. It was disheartening for a young girl.

But there was nothing that Rosalie found more enticing than a bath at the moment, despite the fact that it was a ways away. As she walked her bag full of necessities swung on her shoulder.

She had to constantly stop to read the signs that pointed left and right down several vacant hallways. She was sure she was lost, until a large sign at the caught her eye at the end of the long, stretching hallway. It read: Bathhouse. Just as a she began towards it, a man stepped out of his room, neglecting to lock his door once his eyes landed on her and a corrupt smirk settled on his lips.

"Hello, darlin'. I was afraid I'd never see you again." Rosalie refused to encourage him with polite smiles and small talk, so she simply nodded in response. He didn't seem to notice her unwillingness to speak to him or her shudders of disgust with each step he took in her direction as she did in his, but towards the bathhouse and not him.

"Would you be willin' to join me for a drink?" Rosalie had a feeling that when he said a drink, there was fine print entailed into his words that hinted to a hope for something much more. He was walking beside her now.

"I've a destination in mind."

He smiled, those decaying teeth making her skin crawl. "So do I. C'mon darlin', your boyfriend can wait."

Rosalie frowned, unsure of who exactly was her boyfriend. Roman? She wasn't going to correct him, because if he were to know that she was utterly alone and defenseless, then it would give him more of a reason to pursue her. The few times that Roman and Rosalie had been together were at night when they were alone, where hardly anyone could have noticed the pair. Unless someone was watching them. Unless this man was watching them.

It wasn't her intention to tell him the truth, but her temporary perplexed expression must have given her away.

"That rich boy, he's not your beau? I figured since he follows you 'round like a puppy. It makes sense, then. No rich boy would let their pretty lil' girl run around alone on a lower deck." He paused, only to resume with a smirk. "Unless you're his secret girl. Or one of them tramps. If that's the case, lil' darlin' I'd be happy to pay."

This man had no regard for a lady or how vulgar his words were as they dripped with a crude ignorance. He advanced towards her as she stood, frozen still in trepidation. She knew she should run, push past him while she could and find someone for help, but her body didn't respond has her mind had. His dirty hand pushed her into the wall.

It was only when she was trapped that her body fell into motion, attempting to escape his repulsive hold on her. "Get off of me, you crude son of bitch!"

The man grinned, "I thought you were one of them prim and proper gals, usin' all them big words. But maybe you really are just a foul-mouthed tramp. I like you, alread--" His sentence fell short and so did he, stumbling into the wall just next to her. As he fell, his hands on her didn't loosen and she went with him.

As she fell to the ground and on top of the man, her quick, uneven and shallow breaths didn't allow much oxygen, so they intensified. She felt light-headed. Arms looped around Rosalies waist and pulled her up to a small, steady body. The grubby man stood, stared, glared, and turned in the other direction with a swollen lip.

"Are you alright, miss?"

Rosalie couldn't muster up a response, the only thing she could focus on was the ponderous weight on her chest and the weightlessness in her head.

x

Did you keep in mind my warning? Since this scene is already so cliche, I couldn't make it worse and have Roman find her. Sorry.

Also, I'd like to know who you guys imagine as Rosalie in your heads. I want to put a face to a name!

How about those votes?

     -Abigail x