02

If there's an error, don't just call me an idiot and continue to read! Comment, call me an idiot and correct me! I absolutely despise errors. Thanks, bud!

     -Abigail

It had been two days on Gosling and she had discovered she was more sensitive to sea sickness than most, the occasional disgorge of her saltine crackers and canned food reappeared in acidic chunks.

She had made a routine for herself in two days time, waking up at eleven o' clock and falling asleep at one o' clock in the morning.

She hadn't boarded the ship for recreational purposes, only to venture to a new place where she could start fresh.

She had nothing, only her meager amount of preserved income which allowed her the cheapest admission.

With this variable, she preferred to remain a recluse and stay within her cabin while the other guests mingled and indulged themselves in what the ship had to offer.

Within her two worn leather suitcases, there were books stuffed into every available area.

As she had to limit down her already scarce belongings, she chose to compensate for her favorite pieces of literature.

They kept her engaged throughout the day and night, with the exception of the series of hours she spent wandering the ship, embracing the freedom and wonderment of traveling like she had as a child.

She had dreamed of just this, and gushed it to her parents. Now she wished everything was just as it were as a child. A place to call home, with people you loved and shared your home with.

It all seemed like a fairy tale, something spun by optimists to give the helpless hope as they wasted precious time wishing for more than they'd ever receive. It struck a nerve. Tears slowly formed, and her nose tingled with the first sniffle. She hadn't cried in months.

Emotion clouds your right mind from seeing straight. It's a way for our mind and body to work against you. Nothing good can come of it.

Her old employer, Mr. Finch was an aging pessimist of a man, but he seemed to have more logic about him than she'd initially thought.

He had taught her things that were invaluable, like how to survive on her own.

He helped, of course. It began with offering her a job, and then participating in conversations that unveiled her past and all of its tragedies. He had died just two weeks ago, and it had been the last of heartbreak she could withstand.

Their last conversation he had mentioned Gosling, and that one day he'd have enjoyed such a journey.

She felt like in some way, she was honoring his wishes. Doing something for both herself and her only friend.

Instead of dwelling on her motives to leap into a spontaneous situation, she decided that tonight would be for exploring.

x

Roman was bored and in need of some entertainment. And not from a band or comedian like what was recommended by the captain.

He wanted to jump off the boat and swim to an island because it meant that he could walk on solid ground and not be trapped within a large mass of engineering.

Another endeavor through the ship was more appealing than another large stretch of time ignoring his mother and sitting neck deep in his own boredom.

His surroundings were all the same as each night before, with the exception of a sky blue cotton dress that was being adorned by the same rule-breaking, dark haired girl from the railing.

He watched as she slyly slipped between two thick bars with her slight frame.

The night before he hadn't felt the yearn for something exciting, but now he did.

The desire to chase around a secretive girl who dared to break the rules was so alluring he felt the excitement build in his chest.

He quickly slipped through the metal bars just as she had, his tall, lanky physique aiding him in the task that most men could not. His height did make it somewhat difficult, though.

The slight path split into two, parting.

He wasn't certain which direction to pursue, so he stood quiet and listened carefully for the sound of cloth against metal or black boots against steel flooring.

He didn't hear either, he only heard a soft gasp.

He hurried down the left tunnel to where he had heard the noise, speeding along as quickly as he was able.

The opening of a small enclosed area was unexpected and quick to push himself out with the pace he had set for himself.

His body lurched forward, and into the backside of a woman who was pressed against another set of rails.