08

"No sir, I first thought that the two were walking with each other, so I ignored it. But he...he pushed her and I just got so angry that I socked him."

That same bellboy he had encountered on his first day was also employee assigned to restock the bathouse with items such as fresh towels and bars of cheap body soap. Roman was glad there were bell boys now.

Roman had been roaming the halls once more, silently hoping to come across Rosalie. And eventually, he had. There was  a rather immature boy in an employee uniform attempting to carry an unconscious Rosie in his arms. The boys face was screwed up and red with struggle, even the weight of the somewhat slight woman proving difficult for him to carry.

He had hurried to him, taken her into his arms and demanded an explanation, so the boy told all.

Roman was livid. There were many men that fit the boys description that he'd seen,. There was one thing similar among all social classes; there were horrible people in all of them. They came from every corner of a polished ballroom.

When he thanked the boy and went to take her to his cabin, the young boy stopped him.

"Sir...I assume you know this girl, but should you be taking her with you? With what happened, I don't think I should allow a stranger to take her."

Even though what he said was the truth, he was impressed that this young boy would stand up for Rosie. If this boy, Charlie his name tag read, and Roman were to get into a brawl, the boy would be sick and sore for weeks. But his obvious care for her and aligned values earned Romans respect.

"I admit that I am not family, but I'm the only person on this entire ship she knows, I'm sure. She's safe with me, I promise."

The boy appeared unsure, but slowly nodded anyway. "What is your room number so I may send up some water and a small snack?"

He gave the boy what he wished, and took her to his room.

There were so many things scrambled inside of his mind, one that Rosie wasn't safe. Being completely alone where she was had its dangers. And when they were to arrive at their destination, it would be even more threatening. To be in a large, bustling place with nothing but a single person to locate. She would hardly have any money, and no place to sleep if she couldn't find her sister. Had she thought of these things?

She remained unconscious even when Charlie knocked on the door with the items he had promised. He was reluctant to leave, but did so anyway. A cool cloth was placed on her forehead, a single attempt to rouse her into consciousness.

Rosie felt something cool on her skin, both drawing out heat from her forehead and her from sleep.

She didn't want to open her eyes, but she felt odd. Like when as a child she would wake up at midnight and lose sense of where she was, when she only had somehow ended upside down. She didn't feel normal.

The room that surrounded her wasn't hers, but was similar to one she'd seen a glimpse of before. Romans.

Rosalie thought she was alone until the washroom door opened, revealing a surprised and relieved Roman.

"Rosie, are you alright?"

She made an attempt to sit up, feeling awkward lying down on his bed. "Not so quick!" But she was already upright and dizzy. With her spinning vision came the memories that were temporarily forgotten.

Another question about her well being was heard, but not comprehended. Rosalie was struck with had happened. What could have almost happened. Despite her unsteady feet, she rose and made an attempt for the door. She wanted to be alone where she could cry.

Roman quickly stopped her, mindful that he should probably be more gentle as he wrapped his hand around her arm. "Rosie, where are you going? I'm not letting you out there alone."

Her tears didn't wait until she was isolated like she wished, they fell along with her shoulders as she weeped. The hand on her arm fell away, only to hesitantly wrap around her shoulders and pull her into an embrace.

x

I've got really poor judgment when it comes to where to end chapters so they end up being short and I'm sorry. BUT, my goal was seventy-five and I got eighty-five. That's freakin' sweet. I want to continue with doing these, but I promise it won't be bad, I promise. So, I'm asking for one-hundred.

Peachy-keen?