18

eighteen.

got me looking so crazy now
_____

jeno plopped on his bed, a solemn look on his face.

staring blankly at the ceiling, his mind went back to the sight he just came upon earlier.

it seems like mark forgot about it. jeno had promised to cook dinner for mark after the older himself had requested to taste his food as jeno excitedly told mark about how he loves cooking. jeno have been rather eager to show mark his skill and came to his house as mark invited him, but jeno guess everything was not worth it.

with groceries on his hands, he rang the bell but was answered with silence. jeno wondered mark might be doing something and just pushed in the password mark told him about. stepping into the place, jeno was literally in awe at the inside of the penthouse.

jeno knew mark has always been the one who is extremely rich and it totally showed in the design of the place, only the most expensive was chosen delicately to complete the look of the house. while admiring his surrounding, jeno went to place the groceries on the counter.

"mark?" he called, wondering why the older was not seen around. it couldn't be that he's not in the house, he saw the home slipper was gone from it's place and all the lights were still on.

that was until he heard some sounds coming from one of the corner.

jeno peered to that side, guessing that's where the bedrooms are. at first, he couldn't hear what is it exactly and just proceeded his way to the room.

the sounds were louder and jeno could finally identified it as moans. his heart skipped a beat at the thoughts of what might be inside, his mind somehow telling him to turn back but jeno was curios thus he looked over the space between the slightly opening door. 

jeno's eyes widened.

he just have to walked in to mark and donghyuck having their time of the world inside.

frozen on his track, his eyes couldn't leave them.

he saw everything happening, the arms of the man he loved pulling the one under him closer, the way they kissed, the exchange of love between both of them, the happiness lit on mark's face, the eyes of donghyuck on him as they continued sharing affections.

jeno snapped from his daze, stepping back before scurrying out from the place, slamming the door behind him and quickly drove home.

now he was lying on his own bed, mind a mess.

jeno somehow expected it.

he knew mark and him were too good to be true; a fairytale. that's what he thought they were. merely nothing but a wish jeno told on a shooting star, a stupid mytical thing. mark might had something for him, maybe the same one like what jeno felt for him but jeno knew, he could never match donghyuck.

donghyuck has been with mark for a long time and mark's love for him was not something jeno can fight with. the substance of jeno's pure feeling could never beat donghyuck's fiery blaze he had planted inside mark's heart. mark was devoted to donghyuck, his love never-ending and life promised for the other man only.

jeno was only temporary, someone mark had when he was down. jeno was to accompany him when donghyuck wasn't there, to heal the pain on his heart because of the other but that's it, really. jeno could never, and maybe ever, get mark true attention on him, it's only donghyuck.

mark would always chose donghyuck over everyone.

just when jeno was about to close his eyes and maybe get some good sleep after such event hitting him, his phone buzzed, a text coming through.

huang renjun
hey you free tomorrow? i guess we could go for some lunch and discuss more about that project. how does it sound?

jeno pondered for a while, it wouldn't hurt to go with him right? well, jeno just get to know the other guy after their meeting a few days ago and he seems like a good guy so it won't be much of a deal. he was witty too and his sense of humour was accepted by jeno's boring self, renjun even nice enough to text him everyday.

lee jeno
sure, text me the place.

then he put his phone aside, draping the duvet over him and closed his eyes.

______

stream candle light for a good cry

about my sudden outburst in my previous chapter, don't mind it.

don't worry, i'm not someone who would be bother by a single fly soooo

there's some wild conversation going on in that chapter so you may not want to open it and see the content, just a warning : )

- tantan