14

fourteen.

and i still don't understand
just how your love could do what no one else can

_____

"jaehyun, have you seen donghyuck?"

mark was getting restless already, jeno by his side, their hands still linked together after their little dance. it was a good time and mark had enjoyed it more than he thought he will.

jeno looked more beautiful up close and mark thanks the God for giving him a chance to witnessed that sight.

but donghyuck was nowhere in sight now and mark was really worried.

him disappearring to somewhere was a normal thing for mark but he's been asking around and not even one of them say something about them seeing donghyuck and it bothered mark a lot.

somewhere along the time mark was pulling jeno everywhere, even with the way mark had his hands intertwined with his now, jeno's chest tightened.

mark looked like a mess, his hand was quivering and his eyes were lost as it ran to every corner of the huge room.

it's kind of painful for jeno, he thought he might had the chance. mark has been the most amazing tonight, holding jeno like he's the one and they were so close jeno might even thought mark would kiss him earlier.

but it was nothing now.

mark was searching for donghyuck and jeno was yet again pushed away.

jeno just smiled bitterly as mark apologized to him before going away from the party, leaving him unattended and alone.

"come on, answer the phone!"

mark might be mad as he don't know where the hell he's driving to now, him still desperately calling donghyuck like his life depended on it. the basic, cold machinery voice was yet again receiving his call and he threw his phone away harshly.

he brought a hand to his chest, trying to get himself to calm down at least. donghyuck wasn't a child, he can take care of himself. if there was something about donghyuck, then it's the fact that he's good at keeping himself save.

mark was biting to his lip too hard already, a moment of silence passed by before he heard the familiar ringtone came off.

he almost stop the car so suddenly due to surprise. he took the phone immediately, having difficulty on placing it on his ear but before he even gets to do it, a sound erupted out from the other side.

it's a sob.

mark stopped by the roadside, leaning against the driver seat as he just heard the unstoppable sobs and cries of his name from donghyuck hanging on the air.

the crisp of the cold air of the night can't even match the painful tone of donghyuck's strained voice as it called for him. it shocked mark to say the least, but it worried him of donghyuck's current state.

donghyuck were known to be extremely emotional when he's drunk but mark knew this was something else. donghyuck was crying his heart out and something was wrong, absolutely not good if donghyuck can't stop himself from choking out in tears.

"baby tell me where you are,"

it broke mark's heart at the thoughts of donghyuck probably clutching onto his shirt while trying to talk, the tears drowning him while he tried to get himself together. donghyuck was the most horrible when he cried and mark knew he need companion more than anything. donghyuck might be a bitch but he had a very sensitive heart for someone who loves to break others.

once mark saw the car that wasn't very seen with it's headlights on, he was quick to left his car and knocked on the window of donghyuck's car.

he can saw donghyuck sitting inside, eyes all red and puffy as he just stared to nowhere when mark got inside. "hyuck, God, the car is unlocked! what if someone gets in and do something to you?!" mark sat on the passenger seat beside donghyuck, pulling donghyuck to his embrace.

mark had his heart beating constantly against his ribcage and only now that he had donghyuck with him does he felt it slowed down a little. he sighed, pecking donghyuck's forehead before bringing him to meet his eyes.

"i don't care.."

mark frowned.

donghyuck looked so small, so vulnerable, so unlike him. he looked like he had his world taken away from him, his everything, snatched away from him that it done nothing but to left him like this. "i don't care," he uttered again, now closing his eyes slowly. donghyuck looked so tired, his energy from before was sucked out of his body, leaving only negative thoughts invading his space and mind.

"if you don't care, no one would. no one cares for me."

mark felt tears brimming on his eyes at this sight of donghyuck.

why, just why, does this donghyuck looked like he's going to break so much and so ready to gives up his life? donghyuck wasn't even suicidal, that mark knew, but this donghyuck right now looked like he was just so done of everything.

"you have him, jeno. you don't need me.. you would love jeno and leave me anyway. it's okay mark, you can go to him." a sob was forced down donghyuck's throat as he found his voice cracking again. he don't want to cry, he was horrible enough. having another stupid crying session would makes everything worser.

"no, no. donghyuck, what are you talking about? i won't leave you, not ever."

maybe mark doesn't sound convincing enough because when the glistening eyes of donghyuck stared at him, mark found something in him broke down. donghyuck was shaking in his hold and mark really wanted everything to stop now.

the smile donghyuck wore on his face gave it up though.

it was a very tired, weary and bittersweet one.

"i'll be okay mark, let me go."

and mark's tears did fell as donghyuck kissed him gently, pouring out his silent words and hidden pain in his heart towards mark before passing out, limp on mark's arms.

_____

i don't know how long this book going to be as the lyrics would just start to be the same most of the time now but i'll decide about it soon

and this is the last update for tonight

good mornight for everyone!

- tantan