3

three.

i've been playing myself
baby i don't care

_____

it's hard to live the way he is now.

mark was the type who cares about the people he loved, things he handles, everything he had too much.

at first, it was a good thing and mark doesn't seem to give much thought about it. he enjoyed seeing others satisfied with the way he serves them, anything he do for them.

he loved the face of his father when he acted the way he wanted him to be, the face of his mother when he gave her the money she needed when she's desperate, the face of his sister when he paid everything she wanted, the faces of his workers when he gave them a long holiday despite there's still so many things to do, the faces of higher-ups when he agrees with anything they said even if it won't bring any benefits to the company.

everything, mark loves all of it.

he had enjoy doing so much for others it made him easier to be taken granted of.

his acquaintances have been borrowing money from him now and then, his workers have been slacking off from their job, the other companies were quick to throw in suggestions knowing that he would invest for them, his dad  demanding him to be more sociable when he already are, his mom has been using his name everywhere, his sister spending his money in anything.

still, mark never relented.

mark always had the thought of others being disappointed because he didn't do as they say and he don't like it. he don't want to seem bad to anyone and never want anyone to hate him, which made him being so easy to let go of his everything for others.

he was tired of it sometimes.

he's tired of his father constant babbling about him not doing his job properly as the ceo and letting his workers being too free, when in fact mark tried, tried to control them, being the best like he wanted to but his father never seem to see any of his efforts. it's not that he was letting them be, it's just that, he don't want them to be overwork just because of him.

easy to say, mark don't like people suffering.

it's funny when people said that he was a cold-hearted bastard, when he had always been so nice, so kind with everything. they always said he was selfish, a show off, doing things because he wanted to take care of his image as a ceo, always boasting his wealth to everyone when he only wanted to help.

sure, mark might always had a straight face when he's going somewhere but that's merely because of him putting on a facade, maybe it's because of him acting like he don't care about the outside world and just stay in his office most of the time, but really, mark wasn't anything like that.

maybe that's why mark give in to donghyuck easily.

mark had loved donghyuck so much he can risk his life for the younger man only. mark was ready to give anything to donghyuck, whatever he wanted, as long as the other man is happy.

so far, mark had gave donghyuck a place to live at - a new condominium at the area of gangnam with a price higher than you might thought - gave donghyuck a position at his company, the secretary of him now, gave him a car with his own money, bought anything for donghyuck - his furniture for the home, his clothes for working, etc - whatever, whatever that donghyuck wanted.

mark was interested in donghyuck since the first time he saw him - at the beach at jeju - and was quick to claim him. at first, it was just pure adoration at how innocent looking donghyuck had been, how out of place he is when he brought him to the city, how cute he is when he apologized for doing his work terribly.

adoration turned to love and mark fell deeper for the younger man.

mark loved the way donghyuck beamed when he praises him, the way donghyuck pulled him when he was in hunger, the way donghyuck was biting his lip when nervous, the way donghyuck had his pupils shaking when they were on the bed, the way donghyuck pouty lips always drew him in, the way donghyuck was so cuddly, the way that donghyuck shuddered and get closer to him when the cold air of the night hit him, the way donghyuck was so soft in anything he do, the way donghyuck looked at him, God, mark loved everything about donghyuck so much.

mark thought donghyuck loves him just like how he did to him.

but donghyuck changed and that broke his heart so much.

the once happiest guy he fell in love with were nothing but a guy who only came for pleasure now.

when donghyuck started flirting, mark didn't expect much. maybe donghyuck were opening up and were braver, that he don't mind. but donghyuck began to left him for other people, meeting up with different guy each week, letting himself being touch by the people inside the office, going to a dinner with executives every night.

donghyuck only came when he was in search for some entertainment, when he felt unsatisfied with how the others do him, when he was desperate of mark's touch but that's it. if not that, donghyuck would come to play with mark's feeling, telling how each guy he went with treat him that day and watch the way mark's face contorted to anger only for him to enjoy, or he would came to ask mark for some money when he wanted to go somewhere by himself.

other than that, mark was left by himself with his aching heart.

mark was being used by donghyuck, yet love blinded him so much that he just can't bring himself to stop everything.