Daughter of the Copy Cat, Rescuer of the Raven Chapter 20

Rubble was everywhere, and it was obvious there had been a major clash between two high level shinobi. “So this,” I pondered out loud, sifting through the rocks to try and find something of significance, “Is what it’s like to be powerful.” Sakura stood, groaning as she stretched out her back.

“Has anyone found anything?” She asked, hope evident in her tone. I shook my head, rising.

“Nothing as of yet. Naruto? Sai?” Sai shook his head, along with Naruto.

“Dammit!” Naruto cried out, kicking a rock from frustration.

I ignored my team as they tried to calm Naruto, and I looked around at the surrounding tree’s. They were still burning with a black flame that I’d never seen before, nor heard of. The rain that was pelting down surly would’ve washed away any clue to when the battle was, such as black residue from a lightening style attack.

I clicked my tongue, before my eyes zeroed in on a small stain on the ground. It was barely visible, but it was real, and it was a clue. “Guys!” I shouted, breaking Naruto, Sakura and Sai out of their argument.

“What?” Sakura asked, watching at I approached the red spot. I ran my finger over it, watching as it wiped off onto my finger. Soon, Sai, Naruto and Sakura were leaning over me, wanting to know what I had found.

“Dry blood.” I took a quick intake of breath as I felt a dull chakra presence, and I jumped back. It seems everyone else must’ve felt it too, because they all did the exact same as me. It was lucky they did, for only mere milliseconds after, a ghastly plant-like man emerged.

Look at who we’ve got here. A couple of nosey brats, hm.” The voice was deep, and raspy. “They should watch who’s business they mind.” I was confused, for when he spoke this time, the voice was lighter, happy, even. “I say we teach them a lesson.

“Is he…. Talking to himself?” I asked from my crouched position next to Sakura, my eyes never leaving the odd man.

“I’m not sure. The voices are different, but there is only one chakra signature.” I was worried, because this man was wearing an Akatsuki uniform. From what I had seen, they were powerful.

Wait!” The brighter voice exclaimed, and the man leant forward, his odd eyes landing on me. “Is that Ayame?”

“Damn,” I cursed, “He remembers me?” Sakura glanced my way for a split second,

“You know him?” I shook my head,

“No, but he’s part of the Akatsuki. He must’ve memorized my chakra signature while I was captured.” Sakura grunted, tensing up as she prepared for attack.

Oh, yes. I can feel the resemblance now. Dearest Ayame, how have you been?” The deeper voice mocked, and I gritted my teeth from under the mask, but said nothing. “Been on any strikes lately?” The voice chuckled at his own joke, “That’s mean!

“Who are you?” Sai finally spoke up, sick of the pointless banter between the two voices.

Me?” The lighter voice chattered, Or me?” They both laughed, and Sakura swallowed nervously.

“Stop playing!” Naruto shouted, “Both of you! What are both of your names?” The man stood tall, his fly-trap opening as he extended his arms.

We’re Zetsu!” They both chorused, and I thought him mad. Then again, anyone must be mad to join the Akatsuki.

Itachi.

I shook my head, ridding myself of the thought. Not the time, Ayame.

“Was it Sasuke who fought here?” I needed to know if this ‘Zetsu’ was going to tell the truth or not.

Of course he did, silly girl.” The lighter voice commented, taking a step forward. We all took two steps back, trying to put as much distance between him and us as possible. “He fought Itachi, and won.” I swallowed,

“Where did Sasuke go?” I tried, hoping for him to tell us.

Zetsu clicked his tongue, “Now now, that’s no fun, is it? No, you’ll have to earn that information.

“Careful,” Sakura warned everyone, pulling out a kunai.

We’re not going to hurt you. If you win, that is.” I narrowed my eyes, taking another step away. “Let’s play some hide and go seek, hm?” My eyes widened at the one body split into two, before the white side sunk into the ground, and re-emerged outside of the fly-trap.

I watched in horror as a second half of his body grew rapidly, forming the other side of his face, and another arm and leg, before he was whole again.

“Retreat!” I shouted, shooting backwards and fleeing, Naruto, Sakura and Sai on my heels.

Oh, come on! I didn’t say start yet!”

“Sai!” I shouted, as the man appeared on a tree branch I jumped on. I grunted, slashing him with my kunai and continuing.

“Right.” He pulled out his scroll, scribbling his classic bird onto it, and summoned the drawing. At that moment, Naruto cried out. We all turned, horrified to find that Naruto had been grabbed by the white half of Zetsu.

“I killed him!” Naruto sliced and hacked at the man, but he still didn’t release his grip. Soon, a second Zetsu merged out of the tree, grabbing Naruto’s other leg. It was then, that I realised clones were being used. But not shadow clones, or illusions. These were solid bodies, unbelievably. “Naruto, stay very still!”

“Ayame, what are you doing?!” Sakura exclaimed, watching as I threw kunai onto the clone’s arms that were holding Naruto hostage, weak paper bombs attached to them. I ignored her, though, holding my hands up and releasing the bombs after the weapons were stuck in their arms.

My plan worked, and the arms detached from the body. Naruto bolted for us, not keen on getting caught again. Sai hauled me up onto his bird, along with Sakura, while Naruto just jumped onto it’s back.

“Go, go!” I ordered, forcing Sai to fly us away. I let myself look towards the cursed forced once more, and I faintly heard:

We’ll play again next time, Ayame dear!

_____________________________________________

What's this? An upload? Oh my! How rare! LOL well, sorry. I've been putting off the upload because i was so ashamed of the last chapter o-o well, this is what you've all been asking for, then. It's short, but, i hope it's good :c I'm happy with it, at least, so I hope you are too c:

I've been working on two stories, so that's my excuse. I work on them nearly every day, and I'm hoping to have them uploaded soon, but you all know me. I say I'll upload soon, then I upload, like, three months later c: I wonder if people even read my rants ..... oh well c: If you do, thank you for wasting your time, because I practicly write down whatever goes through my head at the point in time, like now. Cheese. 

ANYWAY! Comment, vote, blah blah blah. c: Ja ne~