Daughter of the Copy Cat, Rescuer of the Raven Chapter 17

I bit my lip and looked around at everyone, who were all staring right back at me.

Naruto was still clutching at his stomach with pleading eyes; no doubt it’d kill him if I left again. It’d feel like a part of his family were missing, and I would feel the same.

“Naruto-“ He took a step back, shaking his head. I saw him force a smile on his face, which killed me.

“No Ayame, you make this decision on your own. Whatever you choose, we’ll all support you.” I sighed and ran a hand through my hair,

“What do you choose?” Asked the elder, staring at me with his small eyes.

I groaned and rubbed my temples.

“Ayame…?” Rina took a step forward, but James held her back.

“I-“

“Wait!” Someone cried from behind me, making me pause in the middle of my sentence. Everyone turned to look at who the perpetrator was with accusing glares.

Turns out it was Kiba, Akamaru at his side, as always.

I blinked when Kiba grabbed my shoulders, staring at me with hopeless eyes.

“Don’t leave! Please don’t leave!” I opened my mouth to say something, but he interrupted me, “You’re like a little sister to me! I died when you left the first time, I don’t think I’d be able to handle it if you left again!” A lump formed in my throat when I realised Kiba was blinking back tears.

Akamaru barked, as if confirming what Kiba had said, before whimpering softly at his master’s distress.

“Kiba!” Kakashi snapped, making the inu flinch and drop his hands. Not once has Kakashi ever spoken like that to either me, or one of my friends.

Hell! He’d never spoken to anyone in team 7 like that, despite our drastic screw ups!

Kiba growled and ran a hand over his face, making his expression neutral. I let out a choked whine before turning back to the elder.

“I really do appreciate your offer of taking over the village; I wouldn’t want anything more if I was able to.” The elder’s shoulders dropped,

“Do you mean to say…?” He didn’t need to finish his sentence, he already knew the answer.

“I’m sorry,” I stepped forward, approaching the older man. When I had reached him, I placed a hand on his shoulder, before smiling sadly. “I’m afraid, that if I leave, it’d tear me in two.” The elder hung his head, before looking up at me with a sad, but understanding gaze.

“Yes, I agree. Your friends here are loyal, keep them close.” The elder stepped back, standing in line with Rina, Aikio and James.

Aikio looked rather distraught, his eyes quickly flickering between Kiba, Naruto, Kakashi, and finally, me.

“Don’t take it personally Aikio,” I smiled at him, “We can start fresh.” He blinked, surprised that I was even acknowledging him.

I slowly approached him,

“Ayame, what are you doing?” Naruto asked, suspicion laced his voice. I ignored him though,

“Hi, I’m Ayame, and you are?” I held out my hand, gesturing for Aikio to shake it.

An amused chuckled left the elder and Aikio gave me a look that said I was insane, “Aikio….” He slowly gripped my hand, and I shook it happily.

“Nice to meet you Aikio, I hope we can become good friends.”

“You’re insane!” Rina exclaimed, before laughing loudly.

“You are pretty weird…” James agreed, raising an eyebrow.

I pointed at him accusingly, pouting as I did so.

“She said insane, not weird! Your mean~!” I whined, making him chuckle.

“Wait, does this mean you’re staying?” I heard Kiba ask from behind me. I turned, facing everyone with a broad smile.

“Yup, I’m staying.” As soon as those words left my lips, my friends were on me.

Naruto was cheering loudly, gripping onto me tightly, as if I was going to disappear if he let go. Kiba had also joined in, wrapping one of his arms loosely around my neck, careful not to choke me, while the other punched the air. Kakashi stood by idly, smiling happily.

And, sometime during the celebration, Sakura and Sai had appeared.

Sai, like Kakashi, stood by and smiled. Although, it wasn’t his usual fake smile, this one was different, although I couldn’t put my finger on it.

Sakura, being the complete opposite of Sai, hoisted me up onto her shoulders, ripping me out of the grasp of both boys.

During the madness that was my friends, Aikio, Rina, James, and the elder left. Nobody noticed, they just continued their cheering.

I laughed freely as a weight was lifted off my chest, and for the first time in a long while, I knew I had a home.

__________________________________________

I know, it's short. But guess what? The 'To stay, or not to stay' arc is over :D I made that up on the spot ^.^ but it's true. This matter wont be bothering us again, hopefully XD You'll have to wait for the next chapter to see what the next arc is ;) and sadly, I'm planning for it to be the last arc :(

But anyway, that shouldn't be for a while yet. So, I hope you liked this chapter, remember to comment, vote and fan :D

And now, here is my excuse on why I havent been uploading ^.^

1. School is being mean and I have so much homework (i put it off and wrote this instead :) )

2. My friend is INSISTING that i write her a Sasori fanfic (look out for it, it should be up soon)

3. I've been lazy -.-

 On the side is Ayame :) I created her in paint tool sai, although it isnt how i fully imagined her to look like XD click on the external link for the full view :)