Daughter of the Copy Cat, Rescuer of the Raven Chapter 18

Tsunade smiled at me, and I smiled back. Naruto, Sakura and Sai were behind me, and although I couldn’t see them, I knew they were smiling as well.

“I’m glad to see that you’ve decided to stay.” The hokage’s voice was soft, but all too soon she got down to business. “I’ve got a mission for you all.” We all stared at her, awaiting our assignment. “It’s an S rank, but I believe you are the only shinobi who are able to carry out this mission,” Tsunade’s eyes locked with mine, “Especially you, Ayame.”

“Y-Yes!” I stuttered nervously, due to this being my first major mission.

“Only us?” Sakura repeated, “Why us?” It seemed as if Sakura had a habit of voicing the questions nobody wanted to ask themselves.

Tsunade sighed, moving to a large window behind her desk and gazing out over her domain.

“This mission is confidential, anything we say doesn’t leave this room.” Tsunade turned and opened her mouth to speak, before the door swung open.

“Lady Hokage!” It was an older male ninja with greying hair that had entered without permission.

“What?” Tsunade snapped, glaring at the man.

“I-It’s Sasuke!” He looked over all of us, especially Naruto and I, no doubt he was questioning whether or not to repeat what he’d heard about the rouge in front of us.

“What about him?” Naruto ask, turning to face the man completely, “Tell me!” I swallowed, knowing that whatever he’d done, couldn’t be good.

“Hurry up!” Tsunade barked, making the man stand up straight and start perspiring.

“S-Sasuke has killed his older brother!”

“Itachi?” I breathed, hoping it wasn’t true. Tsunade surged forward though,

“Does this mean we have a location?!” The ninja stiffened,

“We don’t have any reliable sources, but the rumor is that Sasuke has been taken under the wing of Madara Uchiha.” I paused,

“I thought it was only Sasuke and Itachi left.” Everyone seemed to ignore me though,

“So, he is alive.” The ninja held out a scroll,

“This is all the-“ Before he could finish, Tsunade grabbed the scroll out of his hands and ordered him to leave the room. He did so gladly, and the female hokage scanned the contents, her rown deepening as she progressed.

“The situation has changed.” She slammed the scroll down on the table with a scowl, “You are all to the Uchiha hideout and find out all the information you can about what went down.” We all stared at her,

“Uchiha hideout?” Naruto muttered,

“What is this Uchiha hideout?” Sai asked, not sounding at all as worried as the rest of us were.

“The Uchiha clan, being as great as it was at the time, had a hideout. They would hold all of their major clan meetings in that building, and anyone who didn’t hold the title ‘Uchiha’ was forbidden to go near the place.” Tsunade’s eyes darkened, “But now that they’re all gone, the place is unused, well, until Itachi died.”

“So, we’re to find this Uchiha hideout, and try and dig up whatever we can?” Sakura asked, “M’lady, forgive me, but this seems a little too easy…” The hokage shook her head,

“Itachi and Sasuke had their fight there. The whole hideout was destroyed during the battle, which means you’ll have to try and dig through rubble, and the forest to try and find something. And with all the beasts the Uchiha’s had guarding the place, it won’t be easy getting there, either.”