Epilogue

The short haired female aimed carefully at the target, letting out a slow breath. I watched from the side lines, smiling brightly. From beside me, Kakashi nursed Shiro, my newborn. From the photo’s I’ve seen, Shiro looks like my deceased brother when he was little. Stark white hair, pale skin, and the hereditary blue present in his eyes as he inspected his surroundings. Perhaps it was fate that I decided to name him Shiro- my brother’s name.

The girl swung out her hand, letting loose two kunai, and in a matter of seconds, a barrage of kunai were being hurtled at the target- all hitting the mark. It was over soon, as the onyx eyed girl had run out of kunai to throw.

All around, people clapped. “That’s my girl!” I whispered, not too loudly though, or I’d be sure to get a scolding at home for embarrassing my daughter in front of her peers.

As Hanayo Kawa Hatake retreated back to the line of students, Haruka Kawa Hatake, the older male twin- my first born. Hanayo sneered at her other, almost challenging him. Haruka merely frowned, approaching his spot on the field. And, as expected, preformed with deadly accuracy, and grace.

Like a true Uchiha.

___________________________________

I smiled, watching as Hanayo ran around with a red haired child I’d never seen before. Haruka sat beside me, swinging his legs absently on the bench. His onyx eyes glanced down at the newborn in my arms, who was sleeping peacefully.

“Mummy,” Haruka’s voice was soft, for he didn’t want to wake his little brother. “Shiro doesn’t look like Hanayo and I.” I smiled at him, running my fingers through his raven hair.

“That’s because you and your sister look like your daddy, dear.” Haruka’s lips pursed, and he tried to hit my hand away.

“When are we seeing daddy next?” My breath hitched and I glanced around me, trying to see if anyone heard. When I was positive nobody had overheard my son’s words, I leaned close and shushed him.

“Haruka, sh!” He slapped his tiny hand over his mouth, his eyes wild. “Mommy will be in lots of trouble if anyone knows that I’m letting you see him, and so will daddy.” Haruka shook his head, and I knew he felt bad.

“I don’t want mommy to get in trouble!” He whined, lip quivering. I laughed, calling Hanayo over.

“Calm down, ‘Ruka.” I winked, “Today.” Haruka’s eyes lit up, and he bounced in his seat, suddenly filled with excitement. A smile stretched across my face, the adoration my children held for their father warming my heart.

I stood, taking Hanayo’s hand, who had seemed to have abandoned the anonymous red head. Haruka jumped up, walking beside his sister happily. The adorable six year olds had only just entered the cootie stage, and have seemed to be reluctant to touch the opposite sex. I was surprised Hanayo had agreed to play with the red head, unless, I was mistaking playing with fleeing.

In my arms, Shiro stirred. Glancing down, I admired the complexion that he’d inherited from me. This brought a smile to my face, and I looked up to continue walking through the park. Around me, mothers stared; clearly they were judging me.

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn’t have cared. But, my children were with me, and I hated when they were subjected to such isolation. Especially since Uchiha’s are born with natural instincts to pick up on their surroundings, and as a result, I always felt compelled to re-assure them.

“Just ignore them,” I smiled down at my twins, “We’ll go home and get packed.”

________________________________