Daughter of the Copy Cat, Rescuer of the Raven Chapter 16

I nervously twiddled my fingers as I waited for the familiar faces of Rina, James, and Aikio.

Rina, I was ok with.

James, I think he’d understand.

Aikio….. He’s the one I’m worried about.

He may be an ass to me, and everyone around him for that matter, but he’s strong. I don’t know why he never became a ninja.

Wait, yes I do. It’s because he thinks he’s too good to take orders from anyone else, he wouldn’t be able to work with other people because they’d barking orders at him, and he wouldn’t be able to stand it.

“Ayame,” Kakashi whispered from beside me, I turned and looked at his smiling face. “You look like Hinata.” I faltered before hastily lowering my hands to my sides.

“Gomen!” Kakashi chuckled softly,

“There’s no reason to be nervous, Ayame.” I swallowed loudly, before nodding.

He’s right. Kakashi has the paperwork, Sai and Sakura were watching from afar in case anything goes wrong. And because of his stubbornness, Naruto refused to leave my side.

“It’s going to be alright Aya-chan.” Naruto faltered, watching for my reaction.

“Why are you being so gentle?” I snapped at the Raven, almost offended. He had  just smirked, glancing down at me with an amused expression,

“Because you look so breakable.” Sasuke had answered-

I smiled to myself, the memory giving me courage.

Naruto also smiled, happy to see that I was no longer the depressed runaway who dwelled on the memory of her rouge boyfriend.

Well, the first part was right, the second part? I think you know the answer to that.

“Here they come.” Kakashi alerted Naruto and I. We turned forward, and sure enough, I saw the head of Rina poke up from over the horizon.

“Riri-chan!” I yelled, waving my hand in the air to get her attention. She blinked at me, before jumped as high as her little legs would allow, waving her hand in the air spastically,

“Ayame-chan!” I giggled at her, my giggling stopped when I saw Aikio and James appear behind her.

Aikio looked like he was going to stab the closest person next to him, he was that enraged. And James? Well it seemed he wanted to stay are far out of range as possible from Aikio.

“Get ready Ayame, you’re going to have to do the explaining, they won’t accept the explanation from us.” Naruto told me, he body stiff as he too realised how close Aikio was to snapping.

“I’m Rina.” Said female bowed respectively when they reached us, “But you knew that.” She winked at us, and Naruto chuckled. “This is James.” She gestured to her white haired, blue eyed boyfriend. Who just smiled slightly and nodded towards me as a greeting.

I nodded back politely; not wanting to be rude to him, for there was no need for me to be. “And this is-“ Rina was cut off as Aikio’s large hand pushed her out of the way. She squealed and she hit the hard ground.

“Rina!” I gasped, surprised by Aikio’s sudden outburst.

“Hey!” Naruto shouted, taking a step forward, but I held him back by tugging on his shirt sleeve. He snapped his head towards me, his eyes begging to let him go on. I just slowly shook my head.

“What the hell man?!” James shouted as he hurried to his injured girlfriend, who was holding her now bleeding arm.

“Fuck  you Aikio-baka!” Rina shouted, “I’ll tear your head off and then the problem will be solved!”